Crusaders Set To Travel To #9 Middlebury
Overall: 10-5-0 (7-2-0 ECAC); Last Week: 1-2-0
Scoreboard: #8 Trinity 3, Holy Cross 2, Worcester, Mass, 1/11
#4 Norwich 4, Holy Cross 2, Worcester, Mass., 1/14
Holy Cross 7, St. Michael's 1, Worcester, Mass., 1/15
Schedule: Tuesday, Jan. 18, at #9 Middlebury, Middlebury, Vt., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 22, vs. New England College, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 23, vs. Castleton State, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (10-5-0 overall, 7-2-0 ECAC East) travels to Middlebury, Vt. for a midweek, nonconference game against No. 9 Middlebury (8-3-1, 7-1-1 NESCAC) on Tuesday, Jan. 18 at 6:00 p.m. Holy Cross returns to Worcester on Saturday, Jan. 22 for a 1:00 p.m. game against New England College (8-3-2, 7-1-0 ECAC East) and continues its home stand on Sunday, Jan. 23 with a 2:00 p.m. game against Castleton State (4-7-2, 2-5-1 ECAC East).
- Last weekend, the Middlebury Panthers split a two-game series with No. 5 Amherst, winning the first game 3-0 and falling in the second, 2-1. All three of Middlebury's losses have come at the hands of ranked opponents. On Jan. 9, the Panthers fell to No. 9 Elmira in overtime and on Jan. 3 they loss to No. 3 Plattsburgh.
- Holy Cross is 0-2 all-time against Middlebury, falling 6-0 on Feb. 2, 2001 and 4-1 on Jan. 26, 2010. Holy Cross' loss to the Panthers last season was the Crusaders first home loss in two years. Prior to losing to the Panthers in 2010, Holy Cross was unbeaten in 27 consecutive home games.
- New England College will take its nine-game unbeaten streak on the road this week when it travels to Salve Regina on Friday, Jan. 21 before facing off with the Crusaders on Saturday, Jan. 22. The Pilgrims' last loss came on Nov. 6 when they suffered a 5-2 defeat to Norwich.
- Last season, the Crusaders earned two wins against the Pilgrims. Holy Cross defeated New England College, 2-1, in Henniker, N.H. on Jan. 8 and then picked up a 4-1 victory at the Hart Center on Jan. 29. Holy Cross is 10-4-2 all-time against New England and currently holds a five game win streak over the Pilgrims.
- Castleton State will play at Salve Regina on Saturday, Jan. 22 before traveling to Worcester to meet up with the Crusaders on Sunday, Jan. 23. In the Crusaders' 6-0 win over the Spartans a year ago, senior goaltender Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia) earned her sixth shutout of the season. Holy Cross holds an all-time record of 10-0-0 against Castleton State, dating back to the two team's first match up in the 2004-2005 season. In those 10 games, the Crusaders have out-scored the Spartans 62-12.
- With their win over St. Michael's, the Crusaders have moved into a three-way tie for second place in the ECAC East league standings. Norwich leads the league with 15 points, while Holy Cross, Manhattanville and New England College are tied with 14.
- At the 3:20 mark in the third period of the Crusaders game against St. Michael's, junior Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) scored her 15th goal of the season and 66th of her career, tying the Holy Cross career goal record. Also in the game against St. Michael's, senior Jocelyn Kratchmer's (Watrous, Saskatchewan) assist on Holy Cross' final goal of the game was her tenth of the season and 63rd of her career, tying the Holy Cross career assist record. Both Hochkins and Kratchmer are in the hunt for the career points record, as Hochkins currently has 123 career points, while Kratchmer has 122. The all-time point record is 129, set by Sarah Wetherbee from 2002-2006.