Crusaders Set To Host Three This Week
Overall: 9-3-0 (6-1-0 ECAC); Last Week: 0-1-0
Scoreboard: Colby 3, Holy Cross 2, Waterville, Maine, 1/7
Schedule: Tuesday, Jan. 11, vs. #8 Trinity, Worcester, Mass., 6:00 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 14, vs. #4 Norwich, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 15, vs. St. Michael's, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (9-3-0 overall, 6-1-0 ECAC East) returns to the Hart Center for three games this week. On Tuesday, Jan. 11, the Crusaders will host No. 8 Trinity (8-1-2, 3-1-2 NESCAC) in non-conference action, before welcoming ECAC East foes, No. 4 Norwich (8-3-0, 6-0-1 ECAC East) and St. Michael's (2-10-1, 1-4-1 ECAC East), on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 14 and 15.
- The Bantams enter Tuesday's contest unbeaten in their last seven games. On Jan. 8, Trinity tied No. 6 Middlebury, 1-1, to snap a five-game win streak. Holy Cross is 3-3-1 all-time against Trinity after suffering its first loss of the 2009-2010 season to the Bantams on Jan. 12, 2010. The Crusaders saw a 2-0 lead disappear when the Bantams tied the game, 2-2, at the 10:29 mark in the in the third period. A goal at the 11:53 mark and an empty netter two minutes later gave Trinity the 4-2 win.
- Norwich will face off with Plattsburgh on Wednesday, Jan 12 before traveling to Worcester on Friday, Jan. 14. The Cadets and Crusaders, along with the Pilgrims of New England College, are locked in a three-way tie for second place in the ECAC East with 12 points. No. 10 Manhattanville moved into the number one spot in the standings with 14 points after recording a 3-1 victory over Nichols on Jan. 5.
- Holy Cross holds a 2-2-2 all-time record against Norwich. Last season, the two teams played to two, 2-2 ties. On Dec. 4, 2009 in Northfield, Vt., third period goals by juniors Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) and Nicola Garat (Princeton, N.J.) forced the game into overtime, while on Feb. 12, 2010 in Worcester, senior Jocelyn Kratchmer's (Watrous, Saskatchewan) goal at the 15:03 mark in the third period sent the game into overtime.
- St. Michael's will travel to Salve Regina on Friday, Jan. 14 before playing Holy Cross in Worcester on Saturday, Jan. 15. The Purple Knights are on a four-game losing streak, with their last win coming on Dec. 4 at Sacred Heart. St. Michael's stands in 10th place in the ECAC East with three points.
- Holy Cross is 25-0-0 all-time against St. Michael's, as a year ago it picked up four wins against the Purple Knights. The Crusaders defeated St. Michael's by a score of 2-0 on Nov. 21, 2009 in Colchester, Vt., earned 3-1 and 3-0 victories in Worcester on Feb. 6-7, 2010, and then defeated the Purple Knights, 5-2, in the opening round of the ECAC Open on Feb. 27.
- Garat's goal at the 8:05 mark in the first period of Holy Cross' 3-2 loss at Colby marked her 11th goal of the season, tying her for first on the team and in the ECAC East. Garat's 36 career goals rank ninth on the Holy Cross career record list.