WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY
Overall: 5-2-0 (4-1-0 ECAC); Last Week: 0-0-0
Scoreboard: No scheduled games.
Schedule: Tuesday, Nov. 30 vs. Wesleyan, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 3 at Plymouth State, Plymouth, N.H., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 4 at Southern Maine, Portland, Maine, 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (5-2-0 overall, 4-1-0 ECAC) returns to action at the Hart Center on Tuesday, Nov. 30 when it hosts Wesleyan (0-4-0, 0-4-0 NESCAC) at 7:00 p.m. The Crusaders resume ECAC East action with a weekend road series, traveling to Plymouth State (0-4-1, 0-4-1 ECAC) on Friday, Dec. 3 and Southern Maine (1-4-1, 1-3-1 ECAC) on Saturday, Dec. 4.
- The Cardinals enter Tuesday's match up looking for their first win of the season. Wesleyan has scored just one goal in four games this season, while it has given up 18. Holy Cross has scored 26 goals in seven games, holding opponents to 10 goals.
- Holy Cross is 6-4-3 all-time against the Cardinals, having won the last three meetings. Holy Cross' last meeting with the Cardinals was a 5-2 win at Wesleyan on Dec. 9, 2008.
- Plymouth State is also looking for its first win of the season when it hosts Holy Cross on Friday, Dec. 3. The Panthers have scored 10 goals in five games, while allowing 25. The Panthers scored just 17 goals in 24 games last year.
- Holy Cross is 5-0-0 all-time against the Panthers, earning an 8-0 victory at the Hart Center and 13-2 road win last season. Junior Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) scored three goals in the 8-0 win to earn her second hat trick of the year. Hochkins then marked her third hat trick of the season in the 13-2 victory over the Panthers on Feb. 19, 2010.
- Southern Maine opened the 2010-2011 season with a 5-2 win over Plymouth State on Nov. 6 and then failed to win again in November. The Huskies will host Salve Regina on Friday, Dec. 3 before welcoming the Crusaders to Portland.
- Holy Cross is 10-9-0 all-time against the Huskies. Last season, the Crusaders defeated Southern Maine 3-2 at the Hart Center, but then fell to the Huskies 3-2 in the season finale. Holy Cross' loss to Southern Maine knocked it out of first place in the ECAC East, allowing Manhattanville to take the top spot in the regular season standings.
- Holy Cross has just four games remaining before the winter break. The Crusaders will play three games this week and then wrap up the 2010 portion of the schedule with a home game against Connecticut College on Dec. 7.