November 16, 2010
Crusaders Set For Two ECAC East Matchups This Week
WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY
Overall: 4-1-0 (3-0-0 ECAC); Last Week: 2-1-0
Scoreboard: Sacred Heart 3, Holy Cross 2, Worcester, Mass., 11/9
Holy Cross 4, UMass Boston 1, Boston, Mass., 11/12
Holy Cross 6, St. Anselm 1, Manchester, N.H., 11/13
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 19 vs. # 8 Manhattanville, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 20 vs. Nichols, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (4-1-0 overall, 3-0-0 ECAC) hosts ECAC East league foe No. 8 Manhattanville (4-1-0 overall, 3-0-0 ECAC) on Friday, Nov. 19 at 7:00 p.m. and then welcomes ECAC East opponent Nichols (1-3-0 overall, 0-3-0 ECAC) to the Hart Center on Saturday, Nov. 20 at 1:00 p.m.
- Holy Cross is 3-17-0 all-time against Manhattanville, with its three wins coming in the last three meetings. The Crusaders were winless against Valiants until Nov. 8, 2008 when they defeated Manhattanville 5-3 at the Hart Center. Holy Cross earned a 3-2 overtime victory on the road on Jan. 23, 2009 and then defeated the Valiants 3-2 on Nov. 13, 2009 in the two teams' only match up of the season.
- Manhattanville suffered its first loss of the young season at the hands of No. 9 Elmira on Friday, Nov. 12. The Valiants rallied from a 4-3 loss on Friday night to win by a score of 2-1 on Saturday giving Elmira its first loss of the season.
- Manhattanville's Katie Little is tied for fourth in the ECAC East with nine points and tied for second with Holy Cross senior Jocelyn Kratchmer (Watrous, Saskatchewan) and junior Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) with five goals. Kratchmer ranks sixth in the league with eight points, while Hochkins' 12 points rank second and her seven assists are tied for the league lead. Hochkins' 2.40 goals per game average leads NCAA Division I.
- Nichols will play at Salve Regina on Nov. 19 before traveling to Worcester the following day. The Bison earned their first win of the season in a 3-2 overtime match up against Sacred Heart on Nov. 13. Holy Cross is 3-0-0 all-time against Nichols, last defeating the Bison 5-0 at the Hart Center on Jan. 9, 2010.
- In five games this season, Holy Cross has outscored its opponents 20-7. The Crusaders' four goals per game average ranks second in the ECAC East, while their stingy 1.40 goals allowed per game leads the league.
- Kratchmer and Hochkins continue to move up the Holy Cross all-time career record list. Kratchmer's 112 career points rank third all-time, while Hochkins' 109 career points rank fourth. The duo's 56 career goals apiece are tied for second all-time at Holy Cross, while Hochkins has moved into fifth all time with 53 career assists.