Crusaders Wrap Up Regular Season On The Road
Overall Record: 17-3-2 (14-1-2 ECAC)
Last Week: 0-0-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, Norwich 2, Worcester, Mass., 2/12
Schedule: Friday, Feb. 19, at Plymouth State, Plymouth, N.H., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 20, at Southern Maine, Gorham, Maine, 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (17-3-2, 14-1-2 ECAC) will wrap up the regular season with two road games. The Crusaders will travel to Plymouth State (0-22-0, 0-17-0 ECAC) on Friday, Feb. 19 and then wrap up the weekend at Southern Maine (9-12-2, 8-11-0 ECAC) on Saturday, Feb. 20.
- On Dec. 8, Holy Cross closed out the first half of its season with an 8-0 win over Plymouth State at the Hart Center. Junior goalie Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia) earned her fourth shutout of the season and sophomore Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) recorded her second hat trick of the year, scoring all three goals in the third period.
- The Crusaders picked up their third win of the season against Southern Maine on Nov. 10 in Worcester, Mass. Senior Lisa Wilson (Corunna, Ontario), Hochkins and senior Kathryn O'Connor (Brookfield, Conn.) each scored to lead Holy Cross to a 3-2 victory over the Huskies.
- Junior Jocelyn Kratchmer (Watrous, Saskatchewan) scored her 15th goal of the season to tie the game 2-2 and force overtime against Norwich on Friday, Feb. 12. Kratchmer has recorded 32 points this season and is tied for fourth on Holy Cross' all-time record list with 101 career points. Kratchmer's 48 career goals and 53 career assists also rank fourth all-time at Holy Cross.
- Hochkins is also making a run at the all-time leader list, as her 89 career points rank eighth at Holy Cross, her 45 career goals are tied for fifth and her 44 career assists are tied for eighth.
- Hochkins continues to lead the ECAC with 36 points, as she has scored 20 goals and 16 assists this season. Hochkins is second in goals scoring and tied for fifth in assists. Hochkins six power play goals are tied for second, while her three short handed points are also tied for second.
- Kratchmer ranks third in the ECAC with 32 points and has netted 15 goals and 17 assists so far this season. Her 15 goals rank fifth in the league and her 17 assists are tied for third. Kratchmer's three short handed points are tied with Hochkins, while her three short handed goals are second.
- Hochkins and Kratchmer lead the ECAC with four game winning goals a piece, while rookie Caroline English's (Dorchester, Mass.) three game winning goals are tied for fifth. Together, the first line has combined to score 11 out of the 17 game winning goals.
- Holy Cross' offense is tied for third in the ECAC with 3.73 goals per game. This weekend's opponent Southern Maine is sixth with 3.17 goals per game and Plymouth State is last with 0.59 goals per game. Holy Cross' defense is second in the league, allowing just 1.55 goals per game. Southern Maine's defense ranks eighth, allowing 2.65 goals per game and Plymouth State is 12th allowing 9.23 goals per game.
- Wilson's 21 points this season ranks second in NCAA Division I women's hockey defensemen points per game. Wilson leads the ECAC in defenseman scoring and has 76 career points in a Crusader uniform.
- Holy Cross' 2-2 tie to Norwich was its second tie of the season, the first tie was also against Norwich. The most ties by a Crusader team came in the 2001-2002 and 2007-2008 seasons when the team finished with three.