Overall Record: 17-3-1 (14-1-1 ECAC)
Last Week: 2-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, St. Michael's 1, Worcester, Mass., 2/6
Holy Cross 3, St. Michael's 0, Worcester, Mass., 2/7
Schedule: Friday, Feb. 12, vs. Norwich, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (17-3-1, 14-1-1 ECAC) will host its last regular season game at the Hart Center on Friday, Feb. 12 against Norwich (13-4-3, 11-3-2) at 7:00 p.m.
- Holy Cross' one tie this season came against Norwich on Dec. 4. Third period goals by sophomores Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) and Nicola Garat (Princeton, N.J.) forced the game into overtime, ending in a 2-2 tie.
- Norwich's offense ranks second in the ECAC, averaging 3.90 goals per game. Holy Cross is third with 3.81 goals per game. The Crusaders' defense is second in the league, allowing just 1.52 goals per game, while the Cadets are ranked fifth, allowing 2.20 goals per game.
- Junior forward Jocelyn Kratchmer (Watrous, Saskatchewan) scored her 100th point in Holy Cross' 3-0 win over St. Michael's on Sunday, Feb. 6. Kratchmer assisted on the Crusaders' third goal of the game. Kratchmer's 100 career points rank fifth all-time at Holy Cross.
- Six different Crusaders scored goals in last weekend's two wins over St. Michael's. In Sunday's 3-0 win, Hochkins scored her 20th goal of the season, while Junior Emily Henry (Lumsden, Saskatchewan) scored her first.
- Sophomore goalie Carly Dominick-Sobol (Syracuse, N.Y.) earned her first shutout of the year in Holy Cross' 3-0 win over St. Michael's. Dominick-Sobol and junior goalie Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia) have led the Crusaders to seven shut outs this season. Holy Cross recorded a school record nine shut outs in the 2001-2002 season.
- Hochkins continues to lead the ECAC with 36 points, an average of 1.71 points per game. With five games to go in the season, Hochkins is 17 points away from her record setting 53 single-season points a year ago. Hochkins leads the ECAC with 20 goals and is tied for fourth with 16 assists. Hochkins ranks fourth in Division I points per game, second in goals per game and 13th in assists per game.
- Senior defenseman Lisa Wilson (Corunna, Ontario) netted one goal and two assists in last week's games against St. Michael's. Wilson has scored a point in each of the last four games and leads ECAC and Division I defensemen with 21 points. Wilson's 76 career points rank ninth all-time at Holy Cross.
- The Crusaders' two ECAC victories last weekend kept them at the top of the ECAC standings with 29 points. Manhattanville defeated Norwich last week to take second place with 27 points, while the Cadets are in third place with 24 points.
- Holy Cross' offense continues to dominate, outscoring opponents by 2.29 goals per game. The Crusaders rank second in Division I scoring margin and their 3.81 goals scored per game also rank second. The Crusaders' defense is ranked fourth, allowing just 1.52 goals per game.