Overall Record: 15-3-1 (12-1-1 ECAC)
Scoreboard: #7 Middlebury 4, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 1/26
Holy Cross 4, New England College 1, Worcester, Mass., 1/29
Holy Cross 4, St. Anselm 2, Worcester, Mass., 1/30
Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 6, vs. St. Michael's, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 7, vs. St. Michael's, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (15-3-1, 12-1-1 ECAC) continues action at the Hart Center on Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 6-7, hosting ECAC opponent St. Michael's (3-16-1, 1-14-1 ECAC) at 2:00 p.m. both days.
- Holy Cross holds an all-time 22-0-0 record over St. Michael's, as it defeated the Purple Knights 2-0 in South Burlington, Vt. on Nov. 21. Against the Purple Knights, sophomore Nicola Garat (Princeton, N.J.) and senior Katelyn Doherty (Toronto, Ontario) each scored and junior goalie Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia) earned her first shutout of the year.
- Senior defenseman Lisa Wilson (Corunna, Ontario) scored two goals and recorded one assist in the Crusaders' 4-2 win over St. Anselm last week. Wilson also posted an assist against New England College and leads the ECAC in defenseman scoring with 18 points. Wilson's 73 career points rank her eighth all-time at Holy Cross.
- Junior forward Jocelyn Kratchmer (Watrous, Saskatchewan) scored her 14th goal and fourth game-winner of the year against New England College. Kratchmer's 13 game-winning goals rank first in Holy Cross school history. Her 98 career points move her into fifth all-time at Holy Cross, while her 47 career goals rank fourth and her 51 career assists are tied for fifth.
- Kratchmer, sophomore Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) and rookie Caroline English (Dorchester, Mass.) continue to be the driving force behind the Holy Cross offense. Together, the first line has scored over half of Holy Cross' goals this season (39) and assisted on a Crusader goal 40 times.
- Hochkins and Kratchmer lead the Crusaders and the ECAC with 34 and 29 points respectively. Hochkins' 19 goals lead the ECAC, Kratchmer ranks fourth with 14 and the duo is tied for third place with 15 assists apiece. Hochkins' five power play goals ties her for first, while Kratchmer ranks first in game-winning goals with four and is second with three short-handed points.
- Hochkins leads NCAA Division I in goal scoring, as she is averaging 1.00 goals per game. She ranks third in points per game (1.79) and is tied for ninth with 0.79 assists per game. Kratchmer's three short-handed goals are tied for second and her four game-winning goals are tied for seventh.
- Holy Cross' 4-1 loss to No. 5 Middlebury was its first loss at the Hart Center since Jan. 27, 2008 when it fell to Manhattanville 7-0. Junior forward Christina D'Ambrogio's (Toronto, Ontario) power play goal in the 16th minute of the third period kept Holy Cross from being shut out. The last time Holy Cross was shut out was a 0-0 tie to St. Anselm on Feb. 24, 2008.
- Holy Cross' two ECAC victories last week moved it back to the top of the ECAC standings. The Crusaders lead the league with a 12-1-1 record and 25 points. Norwich is second with 24 points and Manhattanville ranks third with 23 points. Norwich and Manhattanville will face off on Feb. 7 before the Crusaders host Norwich on Feb. 12.