Overall Record: 13-1-1 (10-0-1 ECAC)
Scoreboard: #5 Trinity 4, Holy Cross 2, Hartford, Conn., 1/12
Holy Cross 6, Castleton 0, Worcester, Mass., 1/17
Schedule: Friday, Jan. 22, at St. Anselm, Manchester, N.H., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (13-1-1, 10-0-1 ECAC) travels to Manchester, N.H. to face off with St. Anselm (8-5-1, 6-2-1 ECAC) on Friday, Jan. 22 at 4:00 p.m. This will be the first match up between the Hawks and the Crusaders this season. Holy Cross last skated against St. Anselm on Jan. 31, 2009, suffering its first loss of the season, 2-1. St. Anselm holds a 10-0-1 record over the Crusaders, with Holy Cross playing the Hawks to a 0-0 tie on Feb. 24, 2008.
- Holy Cross' 0-0 tie to St. Anselm on Feb. 24, 2008 was the last time the Crusaders were shut out. Holy Cross has scored a goal in 44 consecutive games since that date.
- The Crusaders' 4-2 loss to Trinity on Jan. 12 ended an 18 game unbeaten streak, including 13 games this season, extending back to Feb. 14, 2009. Last year's squad played in a school record 19 games without a loss from Mar. 2, 2008 to Jan. 30, 2009.
- Holy Cross' 6-0 win over Castleton at the Hart Center on Jan. 17 was its 27th home game without a loss. The Crusaders are 6-0 at the Hart Center this season and finished the 2008-09 season with a 14-0-1 record. The last time Holy Cross suffered a loss at the Hart Center was on Jan. 27, 2008 against Manhattanville.
- Holy Cross remains at the top of the ECAC East standings with a 10-0-1 league record and 21 points, while St. Anselm is in sixth place with 13 points.
- Sophomore forward Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) scored three goals last week to continue to lead Holy Cross and the ECAC in goals (17) and points (29). Hochkins has scored a goal in 11 games this season, including a goal in the last eight games. Hochkins has recorded a point in 14 games this season and 37 times in her career. Hochkins is averaging 1.13 points per game this season, up from 0.93 goals per game last season.
- Junior goalie Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia) earned her sixth shutout and eighth victory of the season against Castleton on Jan. 17. Gallant leads the ECAC with a 0.85 goals against average, she ranks second with a .942 save percentage and third with a .944 win percentage.
- Five Crusaders scored in Holy Cross' 6-0 victory over Castleton. Holy Cross' six goals were the most this season since Dec. 8 when five Crusaders combined to score eight goals against Plymouth State.
- Holy Cross tops the rankings in Division I scoring defense with 1.27 goals per game. Holy Cross' defensive unit has allowed just 19 goals this season. The Crusaders are tied for first in Division I scoring margin, as they hold a 2.87 goals per game margin over their opponents, while their offense ranks second in Division I scoring with 4.13 goals per game. Holy Cross has scored 62 goals in 15 games thus far this season.