Overall Record: 12-0-1 (9-0-1 ECAC)
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 5, Colby 1, Worcester, Mass., 1/5
Holy Cross 2, New England College 1, Henniker, N.H., 1/8
Holy Cross 5, Nichols 0, Worcester, Mass., 1/9
Schedule: Tuesday, Jan. 12, at #5 Trinity, Hartford, Conn., 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 17, vs. Castleton State, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (12-0-1, 9-0-1 ECAC) travels to Hartford, Conn. to take on the No. 5 Trinity Bantams (9-1-2, 4-1-2 NESCAC) on Tuesday, Jan. 12 before returning to the Hart Center on Sunday, Jan. 17 for a 2:00 p.m. faceoff with Castleton State (3-10-1, 3-6-1 ECAC).
- Holy Cross will faceoff with Trinity for the seventh time, as the Crusaders hold a 3-2-1 all-time record over the Bantams. Holy Cross won a decisive 2-1 game over Trinity last season at the Hart Center in which sophomore forward Nicola Garat (Princeton, N.J.) scored the game-winning goal at the 15:03 mark in the second period.
- In this week's USCHO.com Division III Women's Poll, Trinity received 75 points and moved up the national rankings from eighth to fifth. Holy Cross' ECAC opponent, Manhattanville, received 54 points and is ranked eighth. This season Holy Cross defeated Manhattanville. 3-2, on Nov. 13 and tied then ranked No. 8 Norwich on Dec. 4, 2-2, in Northfield, Vt.
- The Crusaders will take on the Castleton State Spartans for the second time this season. Holy Cross is 9-0-0 all-time against Castleton, winning 5-0 at Rutland, Vt. on Dec. 5. Junior Jocelyn Kratchmer (Watrous, Saskatchewan) recorded her first hat trick of the season to lead the Crusaders to victory. The Spartans are eighth in the ECAC with eight points, while the Crusaders top the rankings with 19 points.
- Sophomore forward Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) remains atop the ECAC statistics after scoring three goals last week. Hochkins leads the ECAC in point scoring with 26 points, she is tied for first in goal scoring with 14 goals and tied for first in assist scoring with 12.
- Hochkins, Kratchmer and freshman forward Caroline English (Dorchester, Mass.) make up Holy Cross' strong first line. Together, they have scored 29 of Holy Cross' 54 goals and posted 32 assists. Hochkins and Kratchmer lead Holy Cross with 26 and 24 points respectively, while English is the top rookie scorer with 11 points.
- Hochkins and Kratchmer are ranked second and third in NCAA Division I point scoring, while Hochkins' 1.08 goals per game ranks first and Kratchmer's 0.92 goals per game ranks third. They are tied for fifth with 12 assists a piece and Kratchmer ranks second with three short-handed goals.
- Junior goalie Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia) picked up her seventh victory and fifth shutout of the season in the 5-0 win over Nichols on Saturday, Jan. 9. Gallant ranks first in the ECAC and is second in NCAA Division I with 0.95 goals against average and her .938 win percentage is tied for fourth in the ECAC and ranks second in NCAA Division I.
- Holy Cross enters Tuesday's game with a 13 game unbeaten streak this season, the longest in NCAA Division I women's ice hockey. With three victories last week, Holy Cross extended its unbeaten streak to 18 games dating back to Feb. 14, 2009. The last time Holy Cross suffered a loss was on Feb. 13, 2009, falling 5-1 at Norwich. From Mar. 2, 2008 to Jan. 30, 2009, Holy Cross remained unbeaten in a school record 19 games, accumulating an 18-0-1 record over that period.
- Holy Cross tops the rankings in Division I scoring defense with 1.15 goals per game. Holy Cross' defensive unit has allowed just 15 goals this season. The Crusaders are tied for first in Division I scoring margin, as they hold a 3.00 goals per game margin over their opponents, while their offense ranks second in Division I scoring with 4.15 goals per game. Holy Cross has scored 54 goals in 13 games thus far this season.