Overall Record: 9-0-1 (7-0-1 ECAC)
Scoreboard: No scheduled competition
Schedule: Tuesday, Jan. 5, vs. Colby, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 8, at New England College, Henniker, N.H., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 9, vs. Nichols, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (9-0-1, 7-0-1 ECAC) returns to the ice for the first time in the new year on Jan. 5 against Colby (2-4-4, 0-3-2 NESCAC) at the Hart Center at 7:00 p.m. The Crusaders will travel to New England College (5-7-0, 4-4-0 ECAC) on Jan. 8 for a 4:00 p.m. game before returning to the Hart Center to take on Nichols (1-7-1, 1-6-1 ECAC) on Jan. 9 at 2:00 p.m.
- This will be the first match up between Holy Cross and Colby this season, as the Crusaders last faced off with the Mules a year ago, winning 4-1. Junior forward Jocelyn Kratchmer (Watrous, Saskatchewan) scored the game winning goal for the Crusaders, while junior goalie Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia) picked up the victory.
- Holy Cross last met up with New England College on Jan. 30, 2009, defeating the Pilgrims 2-1 for its 17th win of the season and 19th unbeaten game dating back to March 2, 2008. Holy Cross' unbeaten streak was broken the next day in a 2-1 loss at St. Anselm. Holy Cross holds an 8-4-2 all-time record against New England College, winning the last three games.
- The Crusaders will face Nichols for just the third time in school history. Holy Cross holds a 2-0 record over Nichols, facing off for the first time last season. Holy Cross has scored 16 unanswered goals against the Bison, including a 10-0 victory to open the 2008-2009 season. Sophomore Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) recorded her first career hat trick against the Bison on Nov. 4, 2008 and repeated the feat again against the Bison on Jan. 10, 2009. Hochkins has two hat tricks this season and five in her career as a Crusader.
- Hochkins tops the NCAA Division I National Statistics with 2.20 points per game. Hochkins has 11 goals and 11 assists for 22 points. Hochkins' 1.10 goals per game lead Division I and her 1.10 assists rank fifth.
- Senior defenseman Lisa Wilson (Corunna, Ontario) leads Division I defensemen with 1.00 points per game. Wilson has three goals and seven assists for 10 points in 10 games. Wilson's 29 career goals rank eighth all-time at Holy Cross, while her 65 points rank ninth and her 36 assists are 10th.
- Holy Cross' offense ranks second in Division I scoring with 4.20 goals per game. The offense has scored 42 goals in 10 games thus far this season. Holy Cross ranks third in Division I scoring defense with 1.30 goals per game. Holy Cross' defensive unit has allowed just 13 goals this season. The Crusaders rank second in Division I scoring margin, as they hold a 2.90 goals per game margin over their opponents.
- The Crusaders last took the ice on Dec. 8 when they defeated ECAC opponent Plymouth State 8-0 at the Hart Center. With the victory, Holy Cross extended its unbeaten streak to 15 games dating back to Feb. 14, 2009. The last time Holy Cross suffered a loss was on Feb. 13, 2009, falling 5-1 at Norwich.