Overall Record: 9-0-1 (7-0-1 ECAC)
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 8, Plymouth State 0, Worcester, Conn., 12/8
Schedule: Tuesday, Jan. 5, vs. Colby, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (9-0-1, 7-0-1 ECAC) closed out the 2009 portion of its schedule with an 8-0 victory over Plymouth State on Tuesday, Dec. 8 at the Hart Center. With the victory, Holy Cross extended its unbeaten streak to 15 games dating back to Feb. 14, 2009. The last time Holy Cross suffered a loss was on Feb. 13, 2009, falling 5-1 at Norwich.
- So far this season, Holy Cross has outscored opponents 42-13 and is tied for first in the ECAC East with Norwich with 15 points. Holy Cross' .938 conference win percentage tops the league, as it is the only team without a loss.
- Sophomore Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) scored her second hat trick of the season and the fifth of her career against Plymouth State. Hochkins scored all three goals in the third period. Hochkins leads the ECAC with 22 points, averaging 2.20 points per game. She is second in goal scoring with 11 and tied for second in assist scoring with 11. Hochkins is on pace to better her team leading 25 goals from a season ago, as she closes out the first half of the season with 11 goals, two more than this time last year.
- Junior goalie Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia) earned her fourth shutout of the season in Holy Cross' victory over Plymouth State. Gallant completed the first half of the season unbeaten with a 5-0-1 record. Gallant posted a 6-0-1 record in the 2008-2009 season and now has 24 career wins which ranks third best all-time at Holy Cross.
- Junior forward Jocelyn Kratchmer (Watrous, Saskatchewan) scored two goals and recorded two assists against Plymouth State to bring her season total to eight goals and nine assists for 17 points. Kratchmer ranks third in ECAC point scoring, averaging 1.70 points per game, while her eight goals and nine assists are each tied for fourth in the league.
- Senior Kathryn Kelley (Dedham, Mass.) scored her first goal of the season against Plymouth State. Kelley scored at the 18:29 mark in the second period to give Holy Cross a 2-0 lead. Kelley now has one goal and one assist for two points.
- Freshman Rebecca O'Quinn (Arlington, Mass.) leads Holy Cross rookies with seven points. All of O'Quinn points have come from assists, as her seven assists are tied for third best at Holy Cross.