Overall Record: 8-0-1 (6-0-1 ECAC)
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Connecticut College 0, New London, Conn., 12/1
Holy Cross 2, #8 Norwich 2, Northfield, Vt., 12/4
Holy Cross 5, Castleton State 0, Castleton, Vt., 12/5
Schedule: Tuesday, Dec. 8, vs. Plymouth State, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (8-0-1, 6-0-1 ECAC) returns home to the Hart Center on Tuesday, Dec. 8 for a 7:00 p.m. game against ECAC opponent Plymouth State. The game against the Panthers will be Holy Cross' last game of the 2009 portion of the season. Holy Cross will return to the ice on Tuesday, Jan. 5 in Holy Cross against Colby.
- Plymouth State (0-6-0, 0-6-0 ECAC) will take to the ice at the Hart Center in search of its first win of the season. The Panthers are on an eight game losing streak dating back to Feb. 14, 2009 and have been outscored 61-6 this season. Holy Cross holds a 3-0 record over the Panthers dating back to the 2007-2008 season.
- Last week Holy Cross extended its unbeaten streak to 14 with victories over Connecticut College and Castleton State and a tie with #8 Norwich. The last time Holy Cross suffered a loss was on Feb. 13, 2009, falling 5-1 at Norwich.
- Junior forward Jocelyn Kratchmer (Watrous, Saskatchewan) recorded her first career hat trick in Holy Cross' 5-0 victory over Castleton State. Kratchmer is second on the team with six goals and seven assists for 13 points.
- Junior goalie Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia) was named the ECAC East Goalie of the Week as last week she recorded two wins and one tie. Gallant earned her second and third shutouts of the season with victories over Connecticut College and Castleton State. Gallant remains undefeated with a 4-0-1 record.
- Sophomore Stacey Hochkins' (New Boston, Mich.) team leading eight goals ranks second in the ECAC East. Hochkins is on track to duplicate last season's 25 goal performance as she scored nine goals in the first half of the 2008-2009 season.
- Rookie Meghan Reynolds (Marion, Mass.) scored her first career points against Connecticut College. Reynolds scored her first career goal and eventual game-winner in the first period before recording her first career assist eight minutes later.