Overall Record: 6-0-0 (5-0-0 ECAC) Last Week: 2-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 5, Sacred Heart 3, Bridgeport, Conn., 11/18
Holy Cross 2, St. Michael's 0, South Burlington, Vt., 11/21
Schedule: No scheduled games
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (6-0-0, 5-0-0 ECAC) will take the Thanksgiving holiday off before heading to Connecticut College on Tuesday, Dec. 1 for a 7:00 p.m. game against the Camels. The Crusaders will wrap up the week with a game against ECAC opponent Norwich on Friday, Dec. 4 at 4:00 p.m. and close out the fall semester with a home game against Plymouth State on Dec. 8 at 7:00 p.m.
- Holy Cross picked up two wins last week, one against Sacred Heart on Nov. 18 and the second coming against St. Michael's on Nov. 21. The Crusaders have won 11 games in a row, dating back to a 2-0 victory over Castleton State on Feb. 14, 2009. Holy Cross' last loss came on Feb. 13 against Norwich, as the Crusaders were defeated 5-1 in Castleton, Vt. Last season, Holy Cross had a 14 game win streak beginning on Nov. 21 and ending on Jan. 31 with a 2-1 loss at St. Anselm's. The Crusaders also set a school record 19 games in a row without a loss, dating back to March 2, 2008.
- On Nov. 21, the Crusaders defeated St. Michael's for the 22nd straight time. Holy Cross has matched up with St. Michael's more times than any other opponents. The Crusaders defeated Salve Regina on Nov. 7 for their 19th win over the Sea Hawks and beat Manhattanville on Nov. 13 in their 20th matchup with the Valiants. Holy Cross also played Sacred Heart for the 20th time in school history on Nov. 18, picking up a 5-3 win in Connecticut.
- Sophomore Nicola Garat (Princeton, N.J.) recorded three goals in two games last week. She doubled her goal totals for the season and now is tied fellow sophomore Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) with a team-leading six goals. Garat and Hochkins are tied for second in goal scoring in the ECAC and lead NCAA Division I in goals per game.
- Hochkins leads NCAA Division I with 2.17 points per game as she has scored six goals and seven assists for 13 points in six games.
- Junior goalie Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia) recorded her sixth career shutout in the 2-0 win over St. Michael's. Gallant made 28 saves in the victory and now has 592 career saves, which is third all-time at Holy Cross.
- Gallant and sophomore goalie Carly Dominick-Sobol (Syracuse, N.Y.) each own a clean record, Gallant is 2-0-0, while Dominick-Sobol is 4-0-0. The Crusaders boast two of the five goalies in the ECAC with spotless records. Norwich's Chiara Traversa leads the league with five wins and no losses.
- Dominick-Sobol ranks third in the ECAC with a .938 win percentage. This season, Dominick-Sobol has made 90 saves and allowed six goals and her 1.64 goals against average ranks fifth.