Overall Record: 4-0-0 (4-0-0 ECAC)
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Southern Maine 2, Worcester, Mass., 11/10
Holy Cross 3, Manhattanville 2, Rye, N.Y., 11/13
Schedule: Wednesday, Nov. 18, at Sacred Heart, Worcester, Conn., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 21, at St. Michael's, South Burlington, Vt., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (4-0-0, 4-0-0 ECAC) continues action on the road this week, traveling to Sacred Heart on Wednesday, Nov. 18 and to ECAC opponent St. Michael's on Saturday, Nov. 21.
- Sacred Heart is 1-6-0 overall, winning its first game of the season on Friday, Nov. 13 against SUNY Postdam 5-2. Last season, the Crusaders defeated the Pioneers twice. The first was a 3-0 win in Worcester on Nov. 25 and the second was a 4-2 victory in the ECAC final on March 1. In the ECAC Open championship game, junior Emily Henry (Lumsden, Saskatchewan) scored the eventual game winning goal for Holy Cross at the 17:26 mark in the second period. Junior Jocelyn Kratchmer (Watrous, Saskatchewan) and senior co-captain Lisa Wilson (Corunna, Ontario) were named to the All-Tournament team. Holy Cross is 7-11-1 all time against Sacred Heart, having won the last two meetings.
- St. Michael's 1-3-0 (1-3-0 ECAC) picked up its first win of the season on Saturday, Nov. 14, defeating Plymouth 10-0. The Purple Knights lost to common opponent Southern Maine, 3-2 in overtime, on Friday, Nov. 13 and will host ECAC opponent Nichols on Friday, Nov. 20 before hosting Holy Cross on Saturday, Nov. 21. Last season, Holy Cross defeated St. Michael's three times and holds a 21-0 record against the Purple Knights. The teams' last meeting was on Feb. 28 in the ECAC Open semi-final game. Kratchmer scored two goals for the Crusaders to lead them to a 5-1 victory.
- Rookie Caroline English (Dorchester, Mass.) scored her first career goal in Holy Cross' 3-2 victory over Manhattanville on Friday, Nov. 13. The Crusaders picked up their third win all-time and hold a three game win streak against the Valiants.
- Sophomore Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) leads the team and the ECAC with 2.75 points per game. Her five goals, including two game-winners, and six assists also lead the league.
- Junior Jocelyn Kratchmer (Watrous, Saskatchewan) is third in the ECAC in points per game, averaging 1.75 and is tied for second with freshman Rebecca O'Quinn (Arlington, Mass.) with five assists.