Crusaders Continue ECAC Action At Home And On The Road
Overall Record: 2-0-0 (2-0-0 ECAC)
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 6, UMass-Boston 2, Boston, Mass., 11/6
Holy Cross 5, Salve Regina 2, Worcester, Mass., 11/7
Schedule: Tuesday, Nov. 10, vs. Southern Maine, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 13, at Manhattanville, Rye, N.Y., 7:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (2-0-0, 2-0-0 ECAC) continues ECAC action this week, hosting Southern Maine on Tuesday, Nov. 10 and traveling to Manhattanville on Friday, Nov. 13. The Huskies of Southern Maine hold a 0-2-0 overall record (0-2-0 ECAC), while the Valliants of Manhattanville are 1-0-0 (1-0-0 ECAC).
- Last season, Holy Cross defeated Southern Maine, 3-1, in the last regular season game of the year. Sophomore Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) led the Crusaders with two goals and junior goalkeeper Lindsay Atkinson (Westbank, British Columbia) earned her ninth win of the season. Holy Cross is 9-8-0 all-time over Southern Maine and currently holds a seven game win streak.
- Holy Cross defeated Manhattanville for the first time in program history on Nov. 9, 2008 by a score of 5-3 in Worcester, Mass. and then repeated the feat on Jan. 23, 2009 in Rye, N.Y. with a 3-2 overtime victory. The Crusaders are 2-17-0 all-time against the Valliants and own a two-game win streak. Manhattanville opened the 2009-2010 season with a 5-2 victory over UMass-Boston on Saturday, Nov. 7.
- Hochkins recorded her fourth career hat trick in Holy Cross's 6-2 season opening win over UMass-Boston on Friday, Nov. 6. Hochkins finished the night with four goals and one assist. Her performance was a repeat of 2008 when she opened the season with a hat trick in the 10-0 win over Nichols. Hochkins' eight points, four goals and four assists leads the ECAC.
- Junior Jocelyn Kratchmer (Watrous, Saskatchewan) is third in the ECAC in points per game, averaging 2.50. Kratchmer recorded two assists against UMass-Boston and scored two goals and one assist against Salve Regina.
- Freshman Rebecca O'Quinn (Arlington, Mass.) leads the ECAC in freshman scoring with four points. She is also tied with Hochkins in assist scoring, averaging 2.00 assists per game. O'Quinn recorded two assists in each of Holy Cross' games this weekend.