September 24, 2013
Holy Cross To Compete At ECAC Championship This Week
Scoreboard: 7th of 14 teams, Mt. Holyoke Invitational, Orchards Golf Club, South Hadley, Mass, 9/14-15
Schedule: Sunday and Monday, Sept. 29-30, ECAC Championship, Twisted Dune Golf Club, Township, N.J.
- The Holy Cross women's golf team will continue the 2013-2014 season on Sunday and Monday, Sept. 29-30 at the ECAC Championship held at the Twisted Dune Golf Club in Township, N.J.
- Last week, the Crusaders came in seventh place out of 14 teams at the Mount Holyoke Invitational on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 21-22 at the Orchards Golf Club in South Hadley, Mass. The Crusaders shot a total score of 675 strokes, as Williams won the tournament with a team total of 619 strokes.
- The Crusaders were led by sophomore Marisa Cameron (Garden City, N.Y.) who carded a two-round total of 159 (+15). Her score of 78 in the second round tied a career and season-high. Cameron currently ranks first on Holy Cross with an average score of 81.0 strokes for 18 holes.
- Junior captain Morgan Powers (Glastonbury, Conn.) finished in 19th place individually with a two-day score of 164 (+20), while sophomore Claire McMahon (Buffalo, N.Y.) tied for 32nd, as she carded a plus-28 (172). McMahon's second round total of 85 was a career-low. Powers ranks second on Holy Cross with an 18-hole average of 83.8 while McMahon is fourth with an average of 93.4.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's golf team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.