September 3, 2013
Crusaders Open Season With Tri-Match At Wellesley
Schedule: Saturday, Sept. 7, at Wellesley with Merrimack, Nehoiden Golf Course, Wellesley, Mass.
- The Holy Cross women's golf team begins the 2013-2014 season with a tri-match at Wellesley with Merrimack on Saturday, Sept. 7 at the Nehoiden Golf Course in Wellesley, Mass.
- On Aug. 30, 2013, Holy Cross named Skip Guss as the second head women's golf coach in program history. Guss will be taking over for previous women's head coach Bob Molt, who will now be the primary head coach for the men's golf team.
- The Crusaders return seven letter winners and welcome one freshman to the squad in 2013-2014. Holy Cross will be led by two-time captain, junior Morgan Powers (Glastonbury, Conn.). Powers claimed the medalist last season at the Nazareth Invitational and helped Holy Cross win its first multi-team tournament in program history.
- Powers led the team in 2012-2013 with an 18-hole average score of 87.4, while sophomore Marisa Cameron (Garden City, N.Y.) ranked second, averaging 89.1 strokes per round.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's golf team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.