Scoreboard: 8th of 13 at the Mount Holyoke
Invitational, South Hadley, Mass., 9/25-26
Schedule: Sunday-Monday, Oct. 3-4, at ECAC Championship, Egg Harbor, N.J., All Day
- The Holy Cross women's golf team heads will continue its fall slate at the ECAC Championship held at the Twisted Dune Golf Club in Egg Harbor, N.J. Pennsylvania garnered team championship honors in last year's championship with a total two-round score of 616, beating Albany and Lehigh, the two runner-up teams who posted 634 team scores. This will be the first time in program history that the Crusaders will compete in the event.
- Senior co-captain Meghan Doherty (Westerly, R.I.) highlighted the team's showing in the Mount Holyoke Invitational this past weekend as she tied her career-low round of 77 on Saturday. Doherty led the team for the second time in two events as she also placed in her highest finish individually, tying for 10th. She leads the team with an 80.8 strokes average.
- Fellow senior Johanna Gavin (Hackettstown, N.J.) marked her lowest round of the fall, an 81, in the Mount Holyoke Invitational's first round. After four rounds of play, Gavin has recorded an 85.8 strokes average, which is on pace to become the best strokes average in her career.
- Junior Ellie Deluca (New Canaan, Conn.) also finished this past weekend with a season-best round of 83. She currently has an 87.5 strokes average after two events, third lowest on the team and on target to become a career-low average as well.
- The Holy Cross women's golf team improved by 21 strokes in fall competition, going from 692 to 671. The team will look to continue the trend this upcoming weekend, as the 671 marked at the Mount Holyoke Invitational was the best showing for the team in that event since the 2007-2008 season.