Schedule: Saturday-Sunday, Sept.18-19 at Dartmouth Invitational, Hanover, N.H., All Day
- The Holy Cross women's golf team begins the 2010 fall season at the Dartmouth Invitational, held at the Hanover Country Club in Hanover, N.H. on Saturday and Sunday, Sept-18-19. The event begins in the morning and will be held throughout the day. The squad finished 18th of 20 teams at the invitational last season, as senior Johanna Gavin (Hackettstown, N.J.) shot a two-round score of 166 to lead the team. Her top-team score marked the first time she led the team individually in her career.
- The 2010 Holy Cross women's golf team will feature a hefty 15-deep roster, providing the squad a lot of depth. Eight seniors make up a large part of the team's roster and leading the way for the second straight year will be senior captains Gavin and Meghan Doherty (Westerly, R.I.). Doherty led the team with an 83.4 stokes average while Gavin finished with an 88.0 average. Doherty also earned the opportunity to play with the men's team twice last season.
- Also adding to the senior experience is Kerrin O'Leary (Milton, Mass.) who also played in every tournament last season. She averaged 91.9 strokes, tabbing a low round of 86 twice. Rounding out the senior class will be Annie Brown (Manchester, Mass.), Sarah Dyer (Phoenix, Md.), Jennifer Finger (Mount Vernon, N.Y.), Jennifer Larsen (Staten Island, N.Y.) and Megan McCarthy (Beverly, Mass.).
- Junior Ellie Deluca (New Canaan, Conn.) is prepared to improve on a solid sophomore season, as she returns as one of the team's major tournament players as well. Last season, Deluca tallied the second lowest strokes average on the team, 86.9. She played in all 14 rounds as well, marking a career-low round of 81 at the Big South Championship.
- Sophomore Kelly Reagan (Mendota Heights, Minn.) comes back for a strong sophomore campaign as well, as she finished as the top newcomer last season. In 12 rounds played, Reagan recorded a strokes average of 93.2, notching her best performance at the Williams Spring Invite where she tallied her season low-round of 85.
- Completing the 2010-2011 roster will be juniors Madison Horl (Garden City, N.Y.) and Lauren McCarthy (Beverly, Mass.), sophomores Kimmi Cheung (Weymouth, Mass.) and the lone freshman Mary Beckerman (Avon, Conn.) Beckerman joins the team after becoming the first female golfer to earn All-Conference and All-State honors from her high school, Northwest Catholic.
- Bob Molt returns for his 35th season as head coach of the Holy Cross men's and women's golf teams in 2009-2010. A graduate of Arizona in 1972, Molt took over the head coaching duties in 1976 from Holy Cross Hall of Famer Gerry Anderson. Last season, 11 members team were to the Big South Conference Presidential Honor Roll.