Scoreboard: 5th of 7, Central Connecticut
Invitational, New Britain, Conn., 10/24-25
Schedule: Fall season complete
- The Holy Cross women's golf team wrapped up the fall season with a fifth place finish out of seven teams at the Central Connecticut Invitational in New Britain, Conn. on Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 24-25. For the third consecutive time this fall and the 14th time in 18 outings in her career, junior co-captain Meghan Doherty (Westerly, R.I.) was the top Crusader performer. She shot a two-round total of 169 and placed 13th individually.
- Sophomore Ellie Deluca (New Canaan, Conn.) has enjoyed a solid campaign in her second year on the team. She carded a 173 at the Central Connecticut Invitational on rounds of 87 and 86. She has been the second-highest Crusader performer in three of four competitions this fall, and currently stands second on the team with 87.3 strokes-per-round.
- Junior co-captain Johanna Gavin (Hackettstown, N.J.) sits third on the team in average strokes at 89.9. She tied for 26th at Central Connecticut with a 182 on rounds of 92 and 90.
- Junior Kerrin O'Leary (Milton, Mass.) and freshman Kerry Reagan (Mendota Heights, Minn.) have also seen a lot of action this fall, with O'Leary played seven rounds and Reagan participating in five. O'Leary sits fourth on the team in scoring average with 93.3 strokes-per-round, while Reagan is fifth at 95.0.
- The Crusaders have completed the fall portion of their 2009-2010 season. The spring slate has yet to be announced. Last spring, Holy Cross participated in three competitions, including the Fairfield Invitational, the Big South Championship and the Jack Leaman Invitational.