Scoreboard: No Scheduled Events
Schedule: Monday-Wednesday, April 12-14, at Big
South Championship, Ninety Six, S.C., 8:00 a.m.
Saturday-Sunday, April 17-18, at Jack Leaman Tournament, Amherst/South Hadley, Mass., All Day
- The Holy Cross women's golf team begins their spring slate at the 2010 Big South Championship, held from Monday through Wednesday, April 12-14 at the Patriot Golf Club in Ninety Six, S.C. Tee times are set for 8:00 a.m. each day with all competitors grouped in threes.
- Prior to the 2010 Big South Championship, junior Johanna Gavin (Hackettstown, N.J.) was selected to the All-Academic Team for the first time in her career. She joins a team of nine golfers, one representative from each Big South school. Gavin had been named to the Big South Presidential Academic Honor Roll as a freshman and sophomore.
- The team was seeded eighth in this year's championship and currently receives a national-ranking of 237 according to Golfweek. Last year, the women placed eighth as a team at the Big South. Junior captain Meghan Doherty (Westerly, R.I.) led the team with a 29th-place finish individually, marking a three-round score of 252. Coastal Carolina won the Big South Championship crown as team-member Aruka Felgueroso won the individual title. Felgueroso was named to the 2010 Big South All-Conference team this year.
- The women continue spring action at the Jack Leaman Championship, held on Saturday and Sunday, April 17-18. The competition will be held in two locations, including the Cherry Hill Golf Course in Amherst, Mass. on Saturday and the Orchards Golf Club in South Hadley, Mass. on Sunday. The championship is hosted by Amherst.
- Last year, the squad placed ninth out of 11 teams. Doherty led the team with a 17th place finish after shooting a two-round total of 173. Doherty has topped the team's performances in the last three events this season. She holds an 85.3 stroke average which leads the team as well.