Scoreboard: 6th of
14 at the Mount Holyoke Invitational, South Hadley, Mass.,
Schedule: Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 17-18, at the Ann Batchelder Invitational, Wellesley, Mass.
- The Holy Cross women's golf team has two weeks off before returning to action Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 17-18, at the Ann Batchelder Invitational in Wellesley, Mass. The start time for the two-day event has not yet been announced.
- Junior co-captain Meghan Doherty (Westerly, R.I.) finished 12th at the Mount Holyoke Invitational last weekend, and it marks the 12th time in her career in which she has been the top Holy Cross performer. She was three strokes off the lead after the first 18 holes when she shot a season-best 79, then carded an 87 on day two to finish with a 166.
- Sophomore Ellie Deluca (New Canaan, Conn.) finished tied for 27th with a 174 on rounds of 85 and 89 at the Mount Holyoke Invitational. Freshman Kelly Reagan (Mendota Heights, Minn.) made her collegiate debut, finishing tied for 46th after with a total of 183.
- The Crusaders hope to use the weeks off to hit the links to refine their game. Last season, Holy Cross averaged a 10th-place finish after its first two events. In 2007-2008, the Crusaders were averaging 6th place following their two opening competitions, buoyed by a second-place finish at that year's Mount Holyoke Invitational. So far this season, Holy Cross has averaged a 12th-place finish in its first two events.
- Holy Cross has reached the halfway point of its fall schedule. Following the Ann Batchelder Invitational, the Crusaders will complete the fall slate at the Connecticut State Invitational Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 24-25, in New Britain, Conn.