of 20 at the Dartmouth Invitational, Hanover, N.H., Sept. 19-20
Schedule: Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 26-27, at Mount Holyoke Invitational, South Hadley, Mass., 9:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's golf team heads into its second meet of the season on Sept. 26-27 at the Mount Holyoke Invitational at the Orchards Golf Club in South Hadley, Mass. The Crusaders also competed in the event last year, finishing eighth of 13 schools.
- Junior co-captain Johanna Gavin (Hackettstown, N.J.) had a breakout performance for Holy Cross at the Dartmouth Invitational, leading the Crusaders to an 18th-place finish. Her first round 79 was her best 18-hole score in her Holy Cross career. She finished with a 166 overall, which also bested her previous career-best two-round score of 170, which she set last year at the Mount Holyoke Invitational. She finished tied for 46th at the Dartmouth Invitational, and it marks the first time she's been the top Holy Cross performer in a competition.
- Junior co-captain Meghan Doherty (Westerly, R.I.) hopes to improve this week heading into the Mount Holyoke Invitational. At Dartmouth, she shot an 82 in the first round and an 86 in the second to finish with a 168, two shots behind Gavin. She tied for 57th in the event. In last year's Dartmouth Invitational, she opened with a 78 en route to an overall score of 162, which tied her for 25th. Last week's finish marked the first time Doherty had not been the top Holy Cross finisher since the Jack Leaman Women's Intercollegiate Championship on April 19-20, 2008. Doherty had been the top Crusader performer in eight consecutive events.
- Junior Kerrin O'Leary (Milton, Mass.) also had a strong showing for Holy Cross. Her first-round 86 tied her career-best 18-hole score, which she also set at the Fairfield Invitational last season. Her two-round 183 at the Dartmouth Invitational is also the best two-round score of her career. She shot a 189 at last year's Mount Holyoke Invitational.
- Sophomore Ellie Deluca (New Canaan, Conn.) was just two strokes shy of her best one-round and two-round scores at Dartmouth. She shot a second-round 82 and a two-round 169 at the Dartmouth Invitational last year, both of which are career bests. Deluca shot an 84 in the first round en route to a 171 at this year's event. She looks to continue her strong play next week at the Mount Holyoke Invitational, where she shot a 176 last season.