Overall: 5-11 (1-4 Patriot League); Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Brown 3, Holy Cross 1, Providence, R.I., 10/23
Holy Cross 4, Lehigh 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/26
Schedule: Saturday, Nov. 2 home against Colgate, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- This week the Holy Cross field hockey team will play its final game of the season in front of home fans, as it will take on Colgate at the Hart Turf Field on Nov. 2 at 1:00 p.m. Holy Cross is 12-15-1 all-time versus Colgate, their last win against the Raiders was at home in 2009.
- Last week, the Crusaders were defeated on the road at Brown 3-1 on Oct. 23, before returning home on Oct. 26 to defeat Lehigh 4-1. The victory against Lehigh marked the first Patriot League win for the Crusaders all season. Holy Cross enters this week with a 5-11 overall record, which is the most wins since the team won seven contests in 2008.
- Freshman Gabriella Smith (Mendham, N.J.) recorded her first collegiate goal in the second half against Brown. Sophomore Michelle McNeil (Canton, Mass.) scored two goals at home against Lehigh, while senior captain Carly Grimaudo (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) and sophomore Katy Cronin (Franklin, Mass.) each recorded a goal of their own.
- Cronin was named GoHolyCross.com's Crusader of the Week for her five point performance last week. She recorded one assist versus Brown and registered one goal and a pair of helpers against the Mountain Hawks. This season, she leads the team with four goals and three assists for 11 total points.
- Holy Cross junior goalkeeper Kat Matchett (Maple Glen, Pa.) ranks fourth in the Patriot League with 5.17 saves per game. She holds a 2.62 goals against average and .674 save percentage in 12 games played this season.
- Seniors Lindsay MacPhail (Goffstown, N.H.), Carly Grimaudo (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.), Jess Dodakian (Shrewsbury, Mass.), Katie DeGennaro (Blue Bell, Pa.), Kelly Burke (Walpole, Mass.), and Jillian Caffrey (Yorktown Heights, N.Y.) will be honored in a pregame ceremony on Senior Day before the Colgate contest.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross field hockey team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.