October 22, 2013
Holy Cross Takes On Brown and Lehigh This Week
Overall: 4-10 (0-4 Patriot League); Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, Vermont 1, Burlington, Vt., 10/15
Lafayette 4, Holy Cross 0, Easton, Pa., 10/19
Schedule: Wednesday, Oct. 23 at Brown, Providence, R.I., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 26 vs. Lehigh, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- This week the Holy Cross field hockey team will play a pair of contests beginning with a road match versus Brown (5-7) on Wednesday, Oct. 23 at 4:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then return to Worcester to host Lehigh (3-13, 0-4 PL) on Saturday, Oct. 26 at 12:00 p.m. at the Hart Turf Field.
- Holy Cross is 10-18 all-time versus Brown with a 4-0 loss to the Bears last season. The Crusaders are 15-9 overall versus Lehigh including a 5-4 overtime victory versus the Mountain Hawks last year.
- Last week, the Crusaders defeated Vermont on Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2-1, but lost to Lafayette on Saturday, Oct. 19, 4-0. Holy Cross enters this week with a 4-10 overall record, which is the most wins since the 2009 season.
- Holy Cross senior captain Carly Grimaudo (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) registered the game-winning goal in the 54th minute versus Vermont. The marker was her second game-winner of the season and second goal of the year. Crusader sophomore midfielder Michelle McNeil (Canton, Mass.) scored her first goal of the season versus the Catamounts.
- Holy Cross junior goalkeeper Kat Matchett (Maple Glen, Pa.) ranks 35th in the nation and fourth in the Patriot League with 5.50 saves per game. She holds a 2.75 goals against average and .679 save percentage in 10 games played this season.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross field hockey team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.