Overall: 3-9 (0-3 Patriot League); Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Bucknell 7, Holy Cross 0, Lewisburg, Pa., 10/12
Schedule: Tuesday, Oct. 15 at Vermont, Burlington, Vt., 1:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 19 at Lafayette, Easton, Pa., 12:00
- This week, the Holy Cross field hockey team will play a pair of road matches beginning on Tuesday, Oct. 15 at Vermont (0-12) at 1:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then travel to Lafayette (4-8, 1-2 PL) on Saturday, Oct. 19 for a 12:00 p.m. contest.
- Holy Cross is 14-7 all-time versus the Catamounts and is currently on a 13-game winning streak with its last loss coming on Nov. 2, 1991. The last time these two teams squared off was on Sept. 19, 2004, with the Crusaders claiming the 4-0 victory. Holy Cross is 13-16 all-time against Lafayette, with the Leopards winning the last three contests. Last season, Holy Cross was defeated by Lafayette, 7-0 on Oct. 20, 2013.
- Last week, the Crusaders dropped their lone match of the week on Saturday, Oct. 12 at Bucknell, 7-0. With the loss, Holy Cross fall to 3-9 on the season and 0-3 in the Patriot League.
- Holy Cross is led offensively by junior forward Molly Feit (Acton, Mass.) and freshman midfielder Lauren Sutherland (Watertown, Mass.). Both Feit and Sutherland have three goals and one assist for seven total points. Crusader sophomore forward Katy Cronin (Franklin, Mass.) has a career-best three goals this season for six points.
- Holy Cross junior goalkeeper Kat Matchett (Maple Glen, Pa.) ranks 24th in the nation and third in the Patriot League with 6.13 saves per game. She holds a 2.82 goals against average and .700 save percentage in eight games played this season.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross field hockey team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.