Overall: 3-8 (0-2 Patriot League); Last Week: 1-2
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, Bryant 1 (OT), Worcester, Mass., 10/1
Boston University 2, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/4
Cornell 4, Holy Cross 3 (OT), Worcester, Mass., 10/6
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 12 at Bucknell, Lewisburg, Pa., 12:00 p.m.
- This week, the Holy Cross field hockey team will play a Patriot League road match at Bucknell on Saturday, Oct. 12 at 12:00 p.m. The Bison enter Saturday's contest at 6-5 overall and are tied for first in the Patriot League with a 3-0 record. Holy Cross was defeated by Bucknell last season, 4-0, on Oct. 6 in Worcester, Mass.
- The Crusaders went 1-2 last week in a trio of home matches at the Hart Turf Field. On Tuesday, Oct. 1, Holy Cross defeated Bryant, 2-1, in overtime. The Crusaders fell to Boston University on Friday, Oct. 4, 2-0, before a heartbreaking 4-3 overtime loss to Cornell on Sunday, Oct. 6. Holy Cross is 3-8 on the season and is tied for fifth place in the Patriot League with a record of 0-2.
- Versus Bryant on Oct. 1, Holy Cross senior captain Carly Grimaudo (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) netted the game-winning goal in overtime to lead the Crusaders to a 2-1 victory over the Bulldogs. The goal was her first of the season and the 10th of her career. It was also her third career game-winner.
- Holy Cross sophomore forward Katy Cronin (Franklin, Mass.) scored a pair of goals on the week versus Bryant (Oct. 1) and Cornell (Oct. 6). She is tied for first on the team with three total goals this year and ranks second on the squad with six points.
- Crusader freshman midfielder Lauren Sutherland (Watertown, Mass.) scored her third goal of the year versus Cornell (Oct. 6). She is tied for the team lead in goals (3) and points (7). Sophomore midfielder Kaitlyn Murray (Farmington, Conn.) potted her first collegiate goal versus the Big Red.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross field hockey team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.