Overall: 1-0 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Siena 2, Worcester, Mass., 9/1
Schedule: Wednesday, Sept. 4 at Providence, Providence, R.I., 7:00 p.m.
- This week, the Holy Cross field hockey team will head to Providence, R.I. to take on Providence at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 4. The Friars are 1-1 on the young season with a 2-1 overtime win versus Northwestern and a 4-1 setback against Albany. The Crusaders are 3-23 overall against Providence in games dating back to 1983. The Friars defeated Holy Cross by a score of 3-2 on Sept. 11, 2012.
- The Crusaders defeated Siena, 3-2, in the 2013 season opener at the Hart Turf Field on Sunday, Sept. 1. The Saints scored the first goal of the contest, but Holy Cross answered with three consecutive scores to secure the victory. The victory was the first time since 2007 that the Crusaders began the season 1-0 overall and at home.
- Holy Cross junior forward Molly Feit (Acton, Mass.) was named GoHolyCross.com Crusader of the Week for her performance against the Saints. With the game tied at 1-1 in the first half, Feit knocked home a rebound at the 15:44 mark to give Holy Cross the lead for good. She now has totaled seven points on three goals and one assist in 32 career games played.
- Crusaders freshman midfielder Lauren Sutherland (Watertown, Mass.) scored her first collegiate goal in the 20th minute to give the Crusaders the 3-1 lead versus Siena. The marker came on her first career shot and was assisted by senior forward Carly Grimaudo (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.).
- Holy Cross sophomore defender Haley Makuch (Granby, Conn.) tallied her first career goal on her first-ever shot to knot the score versus Siena at 1-1 in the 14th minute.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross field hockey team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.