Overall: 0-0 (0-0 Patriot League )
Schedule: Sunday, Sept 1 vs. Siena, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross field hockey team will begin the 2013 regular season with a home contest versus Siena on Sunday, Sept. 1 at 1:00 p.m. on the Hart Turf Field. The Crusaders hold an 11-1 overall record versus the Saints, including two straight shutouts on Sept. 5, 2012 (2-0) and on Sept. 7, 2011 (1-0). Siena was picked to finish in seventh place in the MAAC Preseason Poll, as the Saints had an 0-15 record in 2012.
- The Crusaders were voted to finish seventh in the 2013 Patriot League Preseason Poll with 20 points. New conference member Boston University picked to finish in first place with 71 points and 11 first-place votes, while American was voted second with 59 points and three first-place votes. Defending Patriot League Tournament champion Lafayette was tabbed third with 56 points to round out the top three.
- Holy Cross senior forward Carly Grimaudo (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) was named to the preseason All-Patriot League team, as voted on by the head coaches and sports information directors from around the league. Last season, Grimaudo appeared in all 17 contests and was named first team All-Patriot League. In 2012, she scored a team and career best seven goals and three assists for 17 total points. For her career, Grimaudo has played in 44 games and has nine goals and four assists for 22 points.
- Crusaders sophomore midfielder Michelle McNeil (Canton, Mass.) earned second team All-Patriot League honors in 2012 for her solid campaign. Last year, McNeil posted two goals and one assist for five points. Both of her goals came in Holy Cross' 5-4 overtime victory versus Lehigh on Sept. 29.
- The Crusaders return 14 letter winners from last year's roster and welcome eight freshman to the team. Holy Cross finished with a 2-15 overall record in 2012 and a 1-4 mark in the Patriot League.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross field hockey team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.