October 9, 2012
Holy Cross To Play A Pair Of Games This Week
Overall: 2-9; Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Bucknell 4, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/6
Schedule: Tuesday, Oct. 9 vs. Bryant, Worcester, Mass., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 13 at American, Washington, D.C., 11:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross field hockey team will play two contests this week. The Crusaders begin the week by hosting non-conference opponent Bryant on Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 6:00 p.m. on the Hart Turf Field. On Saturday, Oct. 13, Holy Cross will travel to Washington, D.C. to continue league play against American at 11:00 a.m. The contest against Bryant can be seen live on Crusader Vision.
- The Crusaders last played Bryant on Oct. 4, 2011 and suffered a 1-0 loss to the Bulldogs. Bryant holds a 3-0 record against Holy Cross. In their previous match versus American on Oct. 8, 2011, Holy Cross suffered a 4-0 defeat. The Eagles hold a 13-3 overall record when they play the Crusaders.
- In their only game last week, Holy Cross fell to Patriot League opponent Bucknell, 4-0, at Hart Turf Field on Saturday, Oct. 6. The team raised money for the breast cancer alliance PINK Revolution by holding their third annual "Think Pink Day" where the players wore special pink socks and shoelaces.
- The Crusaders even their conference record to 1-1 with the loss to the Bison and are 2-9 overall on the season.
- Junior forward Carly Grimaudo (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) currently leads the team with six goals and 13 points. She is tied for sixth place in the Patriot League in goals and tied for seventh in total points.
- Freshman defender Hayley Sarratt (Dublin, Ireland) made the squad's first defensive save on the season against Bucknell on Saturday.