Overall: 2-8 (1-0 PL); Last Week: 1-0 (1-0 PL)
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 5, Lehigh 4, OT, Bethlehem, Pa., 9/29
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 6 vs. Bucknell, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross field hockey team will only play one contest this week. They will continue Patriot League play as they host Bucknell at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 6. The Bison are 6-6 on the season and are tied with the Crusaders with a 1-0 Patriot League record as the defeated Colgate by a score of 7-0 on Saturday (9/29).
- The Crusaders will take part in Breast Cancer Awareness Month by holding a "Think Pink" day for Saturday's game. The players will wear pink socks and shoelaces to promote the cause.
- Holy Cross opened up Patriot League play with a 5-4 overtime victory against Lehigh. Their record improves to 2-8 overall and 1-0 in conference play.
- Junior forward Carly Grimaudo (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) capped off her two goal performance with the game winning goal against Lehigh. She now leads the team with six goals and 13 points on the season. Grimaudo is one marker shy of the Patriot League goal leaders.
- Freshman midfielder Michelle McNeil (Canton, Mass.) scored the first two goals of her collegiate career with back-to-back markers in the first half of the Lehigh game. Her season point total now stands at five, which is third best on the squad. Freshman forward Katy Cronin (Franklin, Mass.) notched the first point of her Holy Cross career with an assist on McNeil's second goal.