Overall: 1-13-0 (0-3-0 PL); Last Week: 0-1-0
Scoreboard: Lafayette 5, Holy Cross 0, Easton., Pa, 10/15
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 22 vs. Colgate, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross field hockey team returns home for one contest over the weekend, hosting Colgate on Saturday, Oct. 22. Game time is set for 12:00 p.m. at the Hart Turf Field in Worcester, Mass.
- Saturday's contest will serve as the field hockey team's second annual "Think Pink" game as part of the nation-wide Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The squad will be wearing special pink socks and pink shoe laces during the game for breast cancer awareness. Donations will also be accepted throughout the game for the Levine Cancer Center in Worcester, Mass.
- The series between the Crusaders and Raiders began in 1987. Holy Cross has a slight lead in the overall series, 13-12-1 and is 2-3 in the last five meetings. The squad topped the Raiders, 4-2, in the last contest held in Worcester.
- Colgate currently owns a record of 5-9 on the 2011 season, including a 3-4 record when playing as the away team. The Raiders and Crusaders are tied for last in Patriot League standings with identical 0-3 records. Junior Lauren Dittman and sophomore Olivia Nabhan lead the offense with five goals and two assists each.
- Sophomore Kat Matchett (Maple Glen, Pa.) returned to the cage against Lafayette this past weekend after sitting the last two games out. Matchett returned to form, making 11 saves in 52 minutes of action. Her 11 saves tie her season-high, which she also recorded against Sacred Heart. In the Patriot League standings, Matchett ranks third in total saves. She now has 65 saves on the season.