Overall: 1-9 (0-1 PL); Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Bucknell 7, Holy Cross 0, Lewisburg, Pa., 10/1
Schedule: Tuesday, Oct. 4 vs. Bryant, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 8 vs. American, Worcester, Mass., 11:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross field hockey team will tune up with a non-conference mid-week match-up against Bryant before hosting American over the weekend. The Bulldogs visit Worcester on Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 7:00 p.m. while the Eagles visit for an 11:00 a.m. game on Saturday, Oct. 8. Both contests will be held on the Hart Turf Field.
- The series between the Crusaders and Bulldogs have only met two times in program history, dating back to the 2009 season. Bryant has won both of the meetings, including a 1-0 win on Sept. 30, 2009 and a 2-1 overtime victory last season. The Bulldogs are 5-5 on the 2011 season and have wins over common opponents Georgetown and Colgate. They have also lost to common opponents Dartmouth, Harvard and Maine. Freshman Rosie Bird ranks in the top-20 nationally for goals. She has 11 on the season so far.
- Holy Cross and American have totaled 15 match-ups in program history, dating back to the 1999 season. American has won 12 of the contests, including the last 11 meetings. The Crusaders last topped the Eagles in 2002, winning both the regular season game and the Patriot League semifinal game. The Eagles are currently 5-5 overall this season and 1-0 in conference action. They are fresh off a 5-0 win over Lehigh and a 3-2 win over Temple after the weekend. Sophomore Alex McMackin leads the squad with five goals in the nine games played.
- The Crusaders allowed seven goals to be scored against them this past weekend against Bucknell. The seven goals are the most goals they've allowed the Bison to score since joining the Patriot League. Since 2000, Holy Cross has outscored Bucknell 28-15.
- So far this season, Holy Cross has had six different players score goals and four players with assists. The team now has 28 points on the season, which is six more points than the 2010 team put together in all games last season.