Overall: 1-8-0 (0-0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-2-0
Scoreboard: Fairfield 1, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/23
Dartmouth 6, Holy Cross 1, Hanover, N.H., 9/25
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 1 at Bucknell, Lewisburg, Pa., 10/1
- The Holy Cross field hockey team opens up Patriot League competition this week, traveling to Bucknell for a Saturday afternoon contest. The game is scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m. on Graham Field in Lewisburg, Pa.
- The series between the Crusaders and Bison began in 1985. Holy Cross has the lead in the overall series, 19-7-0. Bucknell has won the last two meetings, however, as Holy Cross last won on Nov. 1, 2008 in Worcester. The Crusaders last beat the Bison on the road in 2007, winning 3-2.
- Bucknell currently owns a record of 2-6 on the season and is looking for its first home win. The squad has dropped two straight, last beating Lock Haven 2-1. The squad is being outscored 27-5 while Holy Cross is being outscored 37-10.
- Junior vice captain Megan Bourne (Lake Forest, Ill.) recorded the squad's only goal in last week's actions. The goal, scored against Dartmouth, is the first of her career. She now has one assist and one goal in her career and becomes the sixth player to score for the Crusaders this season.
- With Patriot League action starting up, the Crusaders currently rank fifth in almost all offensive categories, including shots (82), goals scored (10) and assists (8). Defensively, the team ranks third in defensive saves (3), saves (59) and saves per game (6.56). The squad also ranks third in penalty corners (47). Their 47 penalty corners are more than half of the number they had in all of 2010 (84).
- Senior Jamie Caniglia (Wayne, Pa.) ties for the top spot in the assists category amongst Patriot League players. The captain currently has four assists on the season, doubling the number of assists she had as a sophomore and junior. She ties for the team-high with six points this season as well.