Crusaders Ready For Three-Game Homestand
Overall: 0-3-0 (0-0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-2-0
Scoreboard: Quinnipiac 6, Holy Cross 2, Hamden, Conn., 8/26
Schedule: Wednesday, Sept. 7 vs. Siena, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 10 vs. Georgetown, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 11 vs. Sacred Heart, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross field hockey team plays in three straight home games this week, beginning with a 7:00 p.m. contest against Sacred Heart on Wednesday, Sept. 7. The Crusaders then host two weekend opponents as Georgetown comes to Worcester for a 12:00 p.m. game on Saturday, Sept. 10 followed by a 12:00 p.m. contest against Sacred Heart on Sunday, Sept. 11
- Siena and Holy Cross have met 10 times in program history, dating back to 1994. Holy Cross won the first nine contests before the Saints took a 1-0 win at home last season. The Saints are 0-2 on the 2011 season, falling to Maine and Fairfield. They've been outscored 10-1.
- Holy Cross and Georgetown have met four times in program history. The Crusaders are ahead in the series 3-1 dating back to the 2002 season. The teams last met in 2006, winning that contest 4-2 on Oct. 29. The Hoyas are 1-2 on the season, losing to Davidson and La Salle before topping Patriot League foe Lehigh in overtime this past Friday. Junior forward Annie Wilson was named to the Big East weekly honor roll on Monday after scoring two goals that pushed the Hoyas past the Mountain Hawks, 3-2.
- The series between the Crusaders and Pioneers began in 2001. Holy Cross currently leads the series 2-1 and lost its first match last season, 2-0. Sacred Heart currently holds a record of 1-3 and has lost three straight. They will play Drexel on Yale's field hockey field before making the trip to Worcester.
- Freshman keeper Kat Matchett (Maple Glen, Pa.) has made her presence known in the cage this season. She recorded a season-high nine saves against the nationally-ranked Boston College Eagles this past Sunday and has made at least five saves in all three games played this season. She has played in all 210 minutes so far, recording 19 saves.