November 2, 2010
Field Hockey Finalized 2010 Slate
Overall Record: 0-17 (0-5 PL); Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Brown 2, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/26
Lehigh 2, Holy Cross 1, Bethlehem, Pa., 10/30
Schedule: 2010 season has concluded.
- Holy Cross ended its season with a 2-1 loss to Lehigh on Saturday, Oct. 30. The Crusaders wrap up their season with a 0-17 overall record and end at 0-5 in league play, finishing in sixth place. American was crowned as the Patriot League regular season champion as they beat out Lafayette, 3-1, this past weekend to earn the top seed in the Tournament for the eighth year in a row.
- Junior Jamie Caniglia (Wayne, Pa.) completes the season as the team's offensive leader, scoring two goals and collecting two assists for a team-leading six points. She started in all 17 contests for the Crusaders as well, making 12 shots total.
- Seniors Breezy Rush (Denville, N.J.) and Kara Gonnerman (St. Louis, Mo.) finished their career with eight of the team's 20 points, scoring two goals apiece. Rush, who started as a forward for the first time in her career in the final two contests of this season, answered the challenge, scoring her two goals in those two games. She finishes her career with three goals total. Gonnerman ends her career with 16 goals and a total of 35 points. She also led this year's squad with 39 shots taken.
- Fellow senior and captain, Alanna Sikorski (Glen Gardner, N.J.), completes her career with a major impact on the team's defense. Sikorski completes 2010 with six defensive saves, which ranks first amongst Patriot League individuals. Coming in to this season, Sikorski had never tallied a defensive save, and therefore finishes with the six defensive saves in her career. She also leaves with 10 career goals and eight assists for a total of 28 points.
- Sophomore Kelly Sotsky (Wayne, N.J.) ends her first season in the cage with over 100 saves, finishing with 107 saves total. She made just over six saves per game as well.