Schedule: Saturday, Aug. 31 at New Hampshire with Providence, Durham, N.H., 11:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's cross country team will begin the 2013 season at New Hampshire with Providence on Saturday, August 31, at 11:00 a.m.
- Senior Dylan Villescas (Las Cruces, N.M.) and junior John Cicchitti (Warminster, Pa.) will serve as the co-captains of the 2013 squad. Last season, Villescas posted a career-best 8K time of 26:13.43 at the New England Championship on Oct. 7. Cicchitti led the team with the top Crusader finish in each of the six races he competed in last year. He posted a career-best time of 24:58.82 at the New England Championship and finished 10th overall of 293 runners (25:35) at the Paul Short Invitational on Sept. 28.
- The Crusaders are scheduled to run in nine races this fall, including the Patriot League Championship on Nov. 2 in Easton, Pa., hosted by Lafayette. Qualifying members of the team may also compete at the NCAA Northeast Regional on Nov. 15 and IC4A Championship on Nov. 23.
- Select members of the team will travel to the 30th annual National Catholic Championship on Sept. 20 hosted by Notre Dame in South Bend, Ind. Holy Cross and the Fighting Irish will be the only two schools in the country to have participated in this event all 30 years of its existence.
- Holy Cross returns 11 runners from last season while adding five freshmen to the roster. The team will be led by seniors Villescas and Nick Petsky (Garden City, N.Y.).