Scoreboard: 6th of
8, Patriot League Championship, Hamilton, N.Y., 10/31
Schedule: Saturday, Nov. 14, NCAA Northeast Regional, Bronx, N.Y., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's cross country team has a week's respite before the NCAA Northeast Regional in Bronx, N.Y. on Saturday, Nov. 14. The following week, the Crusaders wrap up the 2009 season at the IC4A Championship.
- Of the seven Crusaders who ran at last year's NCAA Northeast Regional, four have the opportunity to participate again this year: sophomore Dan Altenau (Eastchester, N.Y.), senior co-captain Tim Richard (Attleboro, Mass.), sophomore Cory Loftis (Branford, Conn.) and senior Garrett Huddy (Columbus, Ohio). Senior co-captain Kyle Rougeot (Torrington, Conn.) also ran last year, but has missed all of this season because of injury.
- Loftis finished 22nd at the Patriot League Championship with a time of 27:11.2 and was the top Holy Cross performer. It's the second time this season that he has been the top Crusader performer, the other was Sept. 18 at the National Catholic Invitational.
- Following Loftis across the line for Holy Cross was Altenau in 26th place with a time of 27:20.4. Richard was third for Holy Cross with a time of 27:21.6, taking 28th. Freshman Kyle Shepard (White Plains, N.Y.) and Huddy rounded out Holy Cross' top five.
- Holy Cross finished sixth at the Patriot League Championship, repeating last year's finish and replicating the preseason poll where the team was selected to finish sixth. The Crusader's best team performance at the Championship event came was in 2002 when they finished fifth out of seven teams.