Scoreboard: 2nd of
6, Murray Keatinge Invitational, Orono, Maine, 10/3
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 10, at New England Championship, Boston, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's cross country team continues its season Saturday, Oct. 10, at the New England Championship in Boston, Mass. The event is scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m. Last year the Crusaders finished 16th of 47.
- Senior co-captain Tim Richard (Attleboro, Mass.), sophomore Dan Altenau (Eastchester, N.Y.) and sophomore Cory Loftis (Branford, Conn.) will all be looking to top their times from last year's New England Championship. Richard finished 58th in 25:46, Altenau was 146th with a time of 26:44 and Loftis finished 149th in 26:45. UMass-Lowell won last year's championship.
- The Crusaders finished second at the Murray Keatinge Invitational thanks to the strong performances of several runners. Richard finished fifth in the five-mile race with a time of 25:23.97. Loftis came in seventh at 25:36.73 while Altenau finished 11th with a time of 25:53.78. Both Altenau and Loftis topped their times from last year's event by over one minute, while Richard improved upon last year's performance by 38 seconds. Freshman and former Patriot League Rookie of the Week Dylan Leazes (Providence, R.I.) was the top rookie performer for Holy Cross, finishing the five miles in 19th with a time of 26:34.25. The Crusaders as a team improved on last year's performance, when they finished sixth.
- St. Francis Xavier won the overall title at the Murray Keatinge Invitational with 30 points. Holy Cross finished second with 61, five points ahead of host Maine. The Crusaders also finished second in average time at the event (26:01.97) and second in total time (2:10:09.82).
- Following the New England Championship, the team will have a week off before the Central Connecticut Mini-Meet on Saturday, Oct. 24, in New Britain, Conn.