Scoreboard: 5th of
32 at the National Catholic Championship, Notre Dame, Ind.,
16th of 37 at UMass-Dartmouth Invitational, North Dartmouth, Mass., 9/19
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 3, Murray Keatinge Invitational, Orono, Maine, 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's cross country team has a week off before its next event, the Murray Keatinge Invitational in Orono, Maine on Oct. 3. The race is scheduled to start at 10:00 a.m. The Crusaders finished sixth of eight in last year's meet.
- Sophomore Cory Loftis (Branford, Conn.) claimed 12th at the National Catholic Invitational, running the 8k in a career-best 26:03.8 to lead Holy Cross to fifth overall in the meet in Notre Dame, Ind. His time was over one minute faster than his performance at the Blue Devil Invitational in at Central Connecticut one week earlier. Senior co-captain Tim Richard (Attleboro, Mass.) followed in 17th with a time of 26:17.7. He was just three seconds off his pace from the Blue Devil Invitational when he finished second. As a team, Holy Cross improved one spot from its performance in last year's National Catholic Invitational, where it finished sixth.
- Freshman Dylan Leazes (Providence, R.I.) shined in his second career race. He finished 46th at the National Catholic Invitational with a time of 27:03.6, tops among Holy Cross newcomers.
- The Crusaders finished 16th in the UMass-Dartmouth Invitational Sept. 19, the same exact finish they had in last year's meet. Another sophomore, Stephen Madsen (New Providence, N.J.), led Holy Cross with a career-best 26:29 in the 8k for a 72nd place finish.
- Sophomore Ben Brink (New Rochelle, N.Y.) also added to the weekend of new career marks for Holy Cross runners. He finished the 8k at the UMass-Dartmouth Invitational in 26:48 for 82nd place.