Men's Track & Field To Race At New England Outdoor Championship
Scoreboard: 7th of 9, Patriot League Outdoor Championship, Annapolis, Md., 5/2-5/3.
Schedule: Thursday, May 8 at New England Outdoor Championship, Westfield, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
Friday, May 9 at New England Outdoor Championship, Westfield, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, May 10 at New England Outdoor Championship, Westfield, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
- Qualifying members of the Holy Cross men's track and field team will compete at the 2014 New England Outdoor Championship this weekend on Thursday through Saturday, May 8-10, hosted by Westfield State. The events are scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday and 10:00 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.
- The Crusaders are coming off a sixth place finish at the 2014 Patriot League Outdoor Championship. Senior Tim Moczula (Edison, N.J.) led the team with a fourth place finish in the final heat of the 110-meter hurdles. Holy Cross added four other top-10 finishes at the conference's culminating meet by senior Dylan Villescas (Las Cruces, N.M.), juniors John Cicchitti (Warminster, Pa.) and Mike Galasso (Danvers, Mass.) and freshman William Ward (North Attleboro, Mass.).
- Fourteen Crusaders have automatically qualified to participate in this weekend's New England Outdoor Championship and will begin with senior Amenowan Johnson (Springfield, Mass.) in the decathlon on Thursday. Galasso and senior Ross Davies (Salem, N.H.) each sprinted to qualifying times this season as Davies qualified for the 100 and 200-meter dashes while Galasso qualified for the 200 and 400. Senior Sam McGrath (Tyngsboro, Mass.) and sophomore Lucas Keefer (Yonkers, N.Y.) each qualified for the 800, sophomore Dennis Muldoon (Weymouth, Mass.) qualified in the 5,000 and 10,000 and will be joined by Cicchitti in the 10,000 and Moczula and seniors Paul Coulter (Lakeville, Mass.) and Thomas St. Cyr (Temple, N.H.) qualified for the 110-meter hurdles. Ward will represent HC in the 400-meter hurdles and Villescas will participate in the 3,000-meter steeplechase.
- In the field events, sophomore Tim Dunn (Fords, N.J.) qualified in the pole vault while sophomore Steven Martinez (Dallas, Texas) qualified in the triple jump. Three relay teams also posted qualifying times this season including the 4x100, 4x400 and 4x800.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's outdoor track and field team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.