Scoreboard: 2nd of 2, 106-71 at Maine, Orono, Maine, 2/1
Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 8, Valentine Invitational, Boston, Mass., 9:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's track and field team is hoping to feel the love a little early as they travel to Boston University this Saturday, Feb. 8, for the Valentine Invitational at 9:00 a.m.
- The Crusaders did not participate in the Valentine Invitational last season because it was cancelled, but select members of the team did travel to Boston University for two mini meets in late December.
- Despite a strong showing, Holy Cross still fell short of the mark against the Black Bears of Maine last week, trailing 106-71 when the final event ended in Orono. The Crusaders had three first place finishes with sophomore Dennis Muldoon (Weymouth, Mass.) taking the top spot in the 3,000 meter run, fellow sophomore Tim Dunn (Fords, N.J.) vaulting his way to victory with a height of 4.6 meters in the pole vault and senior Sam McGrath (Tyngsboro, Mass.) outpacing all others in the 500 meter run. Senior Ross Davies (Salem, N.H.) also finished second in the 60 meter.
- The Valentine Invitational is the Crusaders' final event before the three-day Patriot League Indoor Championships, which will be held Feb. 21-23.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's indoor track and field team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.