Men's Track & Field Set For New England Outdoor Championship
Scoreboard: 8th of 8, Patriot League Outdoor Championship, Bethlehem, Pa., 5/3-5/4
Schedule: Friday, May 10 at New England Outdoor Championship, Easton, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, May 11 at New England Outdoor Championship, Easton, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
- Qualifying members of the men's track and field team will return to action on Friday and Saturday, May 10-11, at the New England Outdoor Championship, hosted by Stonehill. The action is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. both days.
- Last season, graduate Chase Bradford took home a sixth place finish in the javelin throw to lead the Crusaders. Junior Sam McGrath (Tyngsboro, Mass.) was the top HC finisher on the track, taking seventh place in the 800-meter run.
- Six individual Holy Cross student-athletes automatically qualified for this weekend's New England Outdoor Championship. Juniors Paul Coulter (Lakeville, Mass.), Tim Moczula (Edison, N.J.) and Thomas St. Cyr (Temple, N.H.) all qualified for the 110-meter hurdles. McGrath will run the 800 and sophomore John Cicchitti (Warminster, Pa.) auto qualified for the 10,000. In the field events, freshman Tim Dunn (Fords, N.J.) will compete in the pole vault.
- The 4x100 and 4x800-meter relay teams also qualified for this weekend's meet. The 4x100 team is comprised of Dunn and sophomores Mike Techiera (Foxboro, Mass.), Vuong Tran (Worcester, Mass.) and Mike Galasso (Danvers, Mass.). The 4x800 team is made up of freshman Lucas Keefer (Yonkers, N.Y.), sophomore Trevor Dutton (Burlington, Mass.) and juniors Nick Petsky (Manorville, N.Y.) and Nick Athanasidy (Cortlandt Manor, N.Y.).
- Five other Crusaders qualified on a provisional basis for the New England Outdoor Championship and will find out later this week if they will be accepted into the meet. Provisional qualifiers include Galasso, Techiera, freshman Francisco Tejidor (Coral Gables, Fla.), Tran and junior Dylan Villescas (Las Cruces, N.M.).
- At last weekend's Patriot League Outdoor Championship, Dunn led the Crusaders with a second place finish in the pole vault. With the result, Dunn earned second team All-Patriot League honors. He was the only Crusader to be recognized by the league at the meet.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.