April 23, 2013
Men's Track & Field To Participate In Two Meets This Week
Scoreboard: 5th of 8, Holy Cross Invitational, Worcester, Mass., 4/20
Schedule: Tuesday, April 23 vs. New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Worcester State, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 28 at Brown Springtime Invitational, Providence, R.I., 10:00 a.m.
- The men's track and field team will return to action for two meets this week. The Crusaders will host New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Worcester State at the Holy Cross Track on Tuesday, April 23, beginning at 3:00 p.m. and travel to the Brown Springtime Invitational on Sunday, April 28, beginning at 10:00 a.m.
- Last season, the Crusaders took third against New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Worcester State. Juniors Ross Davies (Salem, N.H.) and Dylan Villescas (Las Cruces, N.M.) and the 4x400-meter relay team of sophomore Mike Galasso (Danvers, Mass.), juniors Nick Athanasidy (Cortlandt Manor, N.Y.) and Sam McGrath (Tyngsboro, Mass.) and sophomore Trevor Dutton (Burlington, Mass.) all recorded first place finishes.
- At the 2012 Brown Springtime Invitational, Holy Cross took home two top-10 finishes as Villescas took fifth in the 1,500-meter run and junior Brian Brazeau (Warwick, R.I.) finished sixth in the 5,000-meter run.
- Holy Cross is coming off a fifth place finish of eight teams at its first home meet of the 2012 outdoor season. McGrath, Villescas, freshman Tim Dunn (Fords, N.J.) and sophomore Sean Carey (Newburyport, Mass.) each recorded a first place finish at the meet.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.