Schedule: Saturday, Jan. 19 at New Hampshire, Durham, N.H., 12:00 p.m.
Scoreboard: No Meets Last Week
- The Holy Cross men's track and field team will take on New Hampshire in Durham, N.H. this Saturday, Jan. 19, beginning at 12:00 p.m.
- Last season, the Crusaders finished third at New Hampshire with Stonehill and Worcester State. Graduates Alex Martin and Chandler Fenner earned first place finishes in the triple jump and long jump, respectively, to lead Holy Cross. Senior Nick Poles (Quincy, Mass.) (400, 54.38), sophomore Mike Galasso (Danvers, Mass.) (500, 1:08.85) and junior Dylan Villescas (Las Cruces, N.M.) (3,000, 8:53.06) each took home third place finishes.
- Freshman Rob Cacace (Yonkers, N.Y.) set a new school record in the Heptathlon last time out at the Crowell Open (1/5) with a seventh place finish and score of 3,698. He recorded four top-five finishes in the seven event competition, including a first place finish in the shot put with a throw of 11.71 meters. On the season, Cacace currently owns the top time on the team in the 1,000-meter run (3:02.86) and the top distances on the team in both the long jump (5.89 meters) and the shot put (12.27 meters). He also earned AT&T Crusader of the Week (12/31-1/6) honors for his performance. It was the first time since December 2011 a men's track and field student-athlete received AT&T Crusader of the Week recognition.
- Six team season-best marks were set at the Tiger Invitational (1/5). Sophomore Vuong Tran (Worcester, Mass.) set the standard in the 55-meter dash at 6.68 seconds. Sophomore Mike Galasso (Danvers, Mass.) ran the 400-meter dash in 50.01 seconds and Dutton finished the 800-meter run in 1:56.78. Freshman Dennis Muldoon (Weymouth, Mass.) holds the top team spot in the 3,000-meter run with a time 9:01.47 and sophomore Sean Carey (Newburyport, Mass.) finished the weight throw with a mark of 14.10 meters. The 4x400-meter relay team consisting of Galasso, senior Nick Petsky (Manorville, N.Y.), junior Sam McGrath (Tyngsboro, Mass.) and Dutton rounded out the new team season-best times, crossing the finish line in 3:27.83.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.