MEN'S TRACK & FIELD
Scoreboard: 8th of 8, Patriot League Outdoor Championship, Easton, Pa., May 6-7
Schedule: Friday-Saturday, May 13-14, at New England Outdoor Championship, New Haven, Conn., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's track & field team will wrap up its 2011 season at the New England Outdoor Championship this weekend. The meet will be hosted by Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, Conn.
- Last year, 39 teams competed at the New England Outdoor Championship, with Rhode Island claiming the 2010 title, scoring 95.33 points. UMass-Lowell placed second with 90 points, while Boston College placed third with 50.33 points. Holy Cross placed 32nd, scoring 4 points. Junior Dan Altenau (Eastchester, N.Y.) led the Crusaders, placing fifth in the 3,000 meter steeplechase.
- Last weekend, the Crusaders finished eighth at the Patriot League Outdoor Championship. Bucknell won the team competition with a score of 186, Army finished second with 157 points and Navy rounded out the top three with 132.5 points. Lehigh placed fourth, Lafayette finished fifth, American placed sixth, Colgate seventh and Holy Cross eighth.
- Junior Chase Bradford (West Bridgewater, Mass.) earned All-Patriot League second team honors, finishing second in the javelin with a distance of 57.83 meters. This is Bradford's first time winning the honor.
- Altenau recorded a fourth place finish in the 3,000 meter steeplechase to lead the Crusaders at the Championship. Altenau ran a time of 9:23.50, a season-best time and team-best performance for the Crusaders. Senior Alex Johnson (Indianapolis, Ind.), placed eighth in the 400 meter hurdles with a personal-best time of 55.86 seconds. Johnson also had a personal-best performance in the triple jump, recording a distance of 6.67 meters. Junior Alex Martin (Sutton, Mass.) claimed eighth in the triple jump with a distance of 13.23 meters. The 4x100 relay team of freshman Ross Davies (Salem, N.H.), Johnson, junior Chandler Fenner (Virginia Beach, Va.) and freshman Andrew Zitnik (Warren, Ohio) placed sixth with a time of 42.52 seconds. Senior Brendan Medeiros (Fall River, Mass.) placed 10th in the 1,500 with a time of 4:01.49.