Crusaders Prepare For Patriot League Championship
MEN'S TRACK & FIELD
Scoreboard: 3rd of 4 vs. New Hampshire, Rhode Island & Worcester State, Worcester, Mass., 4/26
No Team Scores at Brown Springtime Open, Providence, R.I., 5/1
Schedule: Friday-Saturday, May 6-7, at Patriot League Outdoor Championship, Easton, Pa., 9:15 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's track & field team has wrapped up its regular season competition, and prepares to race at the Patriot League Championship, New England Championship and ECAC Outdoor Championship in the following weeks. The Crusaders will kick off the post-season at the Patriot League Outdoor Championship in Easton, Pa., on Friday-Saturday, May 6-7 at 9:15 am.
- Last year, Bucknell was crowned 2010 Patriot League Outdoor Champions, scoring 181 points. Army claimed second place with 178 points, Navy placed third with 105 points, Lafayette placed fourth with 89 points, Lehigh placed fifth with 72 points, American placed sixth with 37 points, Colgate placed seventh with 16 points and Holy Cross placed eighth with 4 points. Former Crusader Timothy Richard scored four points for the Crusaders with a fourth place finish in the 1,000.
- The Crusaders hope to perform well this weekend at the Patriot League Outdoor Championship, as several Crusaders place top 15 on the Patriot League Performance List. Junior Chase Bradford (West Bridgewater, Mass.), hopes to lead the Crusaders, as he ranks fourth in the javelin throw. Junior Michael Millard (Manhasset, N.Y.) ranks seventh in the decathlon, while junior Dan Altenau (Eastchester, N.Y.) ranks ninth in the 3,000 meter steeplechase and senior Chris Bergan (Shrewsbury, Mass.) ranks 13th in the 10,000. Junior Alex Martin (Sutton, Mass.) and junior Chandler Fenner (Virginia Beach, Va.) are tied for the 11th place rank in the triple jump, while senior Alex Johnson (Indianapolis, Ind.) is ranked 13th in the long jump.
- The Crusaders placed third at the home meet last week, with Rhode Island winning the competition. Altenau took first and qualified for the New England Championship in the steeplechase, while Johnson placed sixth in the 400 hurdles with a New England Championship qualifying time of 56.17 seconds. Bergan placed second in the 5,000 with a time of 15:34.69 and Martin claimed third in the triple jump with a distance of 13.30 meters.
- The team closed out its regular season at the Brown Springtime Open last weekend. Freshman Dylan Villescas (Las Cruces, N.M.) led the men's team with a third place finish in the steeplechase with a time of 9:59.33. Freshman Tim Moczula (Edison, N.J.) placed fifth in the 110 hurdles with a time of 15.89 seconds, senior Brendan Medeiros (Fall River, Mass.) placed sixth in the 800 with a time of 1:56.94 and freshman Paul Coulter (Lakeville, Mass.) finished sixth in the 400 with a time of 1:00.64. Senior Kenneth McKenna (Ossining, N.Y.) led the teams in the field events with a fifth place finish in the discus with a distance of 43.06 meters.