Crusaders Set For Two Home Meets This Week
MEN'S TRACK & FIELD
Scoreboard: 7th of 8 at Minuteman Invitational, Amherst, Mass., 4/16
Schedule: Wednesday-Thursday, April 20-21, at Holy Cross Decathlon, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 23, vs. AIC, Bryant, Central Connecticut, Colgate, Hartford & Maine, Worcester, Mass., 11:00 am.
- The action continues as the Holy Cross men's track & field team prepares to host two home meets this week. On Wednesday-Thursday, April 20-21 Holy Cross will host its annual Decathlon and on Saturday, April 23 the Crusaders will compete at the Hart Track against CCSU, AIC, Bryant, Maine, Colgate, & Hartford.
- Last year, the Crusaders took fourth at the invitational, while New Hampshire won the competition. Junior Dan Altenau (Eastchester, N.Y.) led the Crusaders with a first place finish and personal-best time of 4:02.91 in the 1,500. Senior Brendan Medeiros (Fall River, Mass.) finished second in the 800 with a time of 1:57.31, while junior Stephen Madsen (New Providence, N.J.) placed third with a time of 1:58.18.
- The 2010 Holy Cross Decathlon was won by Boston University's Rich Haigh with 6,349 points, while Maine's Jesse Labreck took home the Heptathlon title with 4,922 points.
- Last weekend, the team was led on the track by freshman Dylan Villescas (Las Cruces, N.M.) with a third place finish in the steeple with a time of 10:00.31 and a fourth place finish in the 800 by Medeiros with a time of 1:55.78. Senior Chris Bergan (Shrewsbury, Mass.), ran a personal-best time of 4:12.17 in the 1,500, while sophomore Mario Alvarez (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico) ran a career best time of 24.28 seconds in the 200, marking the second consecutive week in which he has improved his personal-best.
- Junior Chase Bradford (West Bridgewater, Mass.), currently ranks fourth in the javelin throw on the Patriot League Performance List, while junior Alex Martin (Sutton, Mass.) ranks sixth in the triple jump and Altenau ranks seventh in the 3,000 meter steeple.