Track & Field Set For New England Championship
Overall Record: 0-2
Scoreboard: 8th of 8 at Patriot League Outdoor Championship Lewisburg, Pa., 4/30-5/1
Schedule: Friday-Saturday, May 7-May 8, New England Outdoor Championship, Dedham, Mass.
- The Holy Cross men's track and field team continues action at the New England Outdoor Championship on May 7-8. The Championship is hosted by Northeastern University at the Solomon Stadium in Dedham, Mass.
- Senior Timothy Richard (Attleboro, Mass.) has qualified for the New England Championship in the 5,000 with a time of 14:47.18 and in the 10,000 with a time of 31:35.65. Richard's time in the 5,000 ranks 41st on the New England Championship performance list and his time in the 10,000 ranks 24th.
- Sophomore Dan Altenau (Eastchester, N.Y.) has qualified for the Championship in the 5,000 with a time of 14:55.46 and in the 3,000 meter steeple chase with a time of 9:21.55. Altenau's time in the 5,000 ranks 57th and his time in the steeple chase ranks 20th.
- Senior Kyle Rougeot (Torrington, Conn.) has qualified for the Championship in the 10,000 with a time of 32:37.63. His time ranks 58th on the performance list.
- Richard led the Crusaders at the Patriot League Outdoor Championship with a fourth place finish in the 10,000 with a time of 32:17.65.
- At the Patriot League Outdoor Championship, sophomore Stephen Madsen (New Providence, N.J.) finished with a personal-best time of 1:57.28 in the 800. Senior Nicolas LeBlanc (New Bedford, Mass.) had a season-best distance of 13.82 meters in the shot put.