Holy Cross Set For Patriot League Championship
Overall Record: 0-2
Scoreboard: 4th of 5 at Holy Cross, Worcester, Mass., 4/20
No team scores at Brown Springtime Invitational, Providence, R.I., 4/25
Schedule: Friday-Saturday, April 30-May1, Patriot League Outdoor Championship
- The Holy Cross men's track and field team kicks off the championship season at the Patriot League Outdoor Championship in Lewisburg, Pa. at Bucknell University's Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium on Friday, April 30.
- Junior Connor LaClair (Hyde Park, Vt.) ranks 20th on the Patriot League performance list in the 100 with a time of 11.54 seconds. Senior Timothy Richard's (Attleboro, Mass.) time of 14:47.18 in the 5,000 ranks 15th, while his time of 31:35.65 in the 10,000 ranks sixth. Senior Kyle Rougeot's (Torrington, Conn.) time of 32:37.63 in the 10,000 is eighth on the list and freshman Dylan Leazes' (Providence, R.I.) time of 32:40.61 is ninth. Sophomore Dan Altenau's (Eastchester, N.Y.) time of 9:21.55 in the 3,000 meter steeple chase ranks fifth.
- In the field events, senior Nicholas LeBlanc (New Bedford, Mass.) is 19th on the performance list with a distance of 13.65 meters in the shot put and 20th in the discus with a distance of 39.61 meters. Junior Kenneth McKenna (Ossining, N.Y.) is 16th on the hammer throw performance list with a distance of 44.80 meters. Sophomore Michael Millard (Manhasset, N.Y.) ranks 16th in the pole vault with a height of 4.05 meters, sophomore Alex Martin (Sutton, Mass.) ranks 10th in the triple jump with a distance of 13.49 meters and sophomore Henry Bradford (West Bridgewater, Mass.) ranks 12th in the javelin with a distance of 54.21 meters.
- At the Patriot League Indoor Championship, Holy Cross finished eighth and was led by a Richard with a fifth place finish in the 5,000 with a time of 14:55.13.
- At the 2009 Patriot League Outdoor Championship, the Crusaders finished sixth in the team competition. Altenau finished 11th in the 3,000 meter steeple chase with a time of 9:52.32 and Richard took 10th in the 10,000 with a time of 31:39.37.